Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) for the Famicom Disk System  (Read 13467 times)

Offline snesmaster

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) for the Famicom Disk System
« on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:39 pm »
Hi, I have beat this game and now I want to go through Worlds A through D.  However I don't feel like beating the game 7 more times to do it.  Does anyone have a save state file or a code to start at world A-1?  Thanks for any help.

Offline snesmaster

Re: Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) for the Famicom Disk System
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 12:21:13 pm »
Hi, turns out I figured it out.  There is no code that can access the memory address for FCEUX, however you can use a hex editor on the .fds save file for the game.  The memory address to edit in the hex file is: CC20

I just changed that value to 8 and now I can just Hold "A" and Press "Start" to start on World A-1.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 07:20:12 am »
Do you really have to normally go through the whole game seven times?

I thought to get to World A you just had to get through the other Worlds without warping.  Or is that only for the All-Stars version?  Or am I just confused?

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 07:38:42 am »
Eight times to be exact, but yeah. :-\

If I remember correctly, you could get to World A in All-Stars even with using warp zones. You just wouldn't get to World 9.

Offline snesmaster

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 03:36:01 pm »
Yes you must complete the game (World 8-4) 8 times to get to World A-D.  You can use the warp zones when beating the game to count towards the 8 times.  However to get to World 9 you have to beat it without using any warp zones.  You can't even use the warp zones that take you backwards.

For the All Stars Version you did not have to do anything special to unlock Worlds A-D.  However I think you still had to not use Warp Zones to see World 9.

Offline zeff

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:53:28 pm »
mario really doesnt bore me even the the first edition of it