Author Topic: Any of you guys play StarCraft?  (Read 13238 times)

Offline Dan

Any of you guys play StarCraft?
« on: June 12, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »
>_>

But seriously, I've been playing StarCraft a lot lately, and it would be fun if some of us got together and played a few games.  Assuming some of you are decent, that is :P  I'm not very good myself, but I've been trying to get better.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Any of you guys play StarCraft?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:01:30 pm »
No, but if you wanna play some Counter Strike . . . I'm all over that. Or Unreal Tournament.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:57 pm »
I've never played any multiplayer game on my PC. Well, I played Doom 2 in Deathmatch with a roommate several years ago, but that hardly counts...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:01:03 pm »
Several years ago I played many network games with my two brothers (Command & Conquer 2, Duke Nukem 3D,Age Of Empires,Starcraft..). But that has changed and today I hardly play any online/network games. And I play none with my own computer - when I visit one of my friends I sometimes play Counter Strike or Unreal Tournament with him because he's got a laptop but that's all about network games.

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 05:11:14 pm »
I'm not an online gamer. I have played a few briefly, but my gaming experiences are better when I don't have to deal with lag and/or 13 year old AOLers. I've never been into PC games much at all, really.

Offline Dan

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 08:11:51 pm »
You'd have to have a pretty old computer to lag StarCraft, or a dial-up modem, neither of which are prevelant in online play - at least from what I've experienced.

Offline Thraxian

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 07:31:47 am »
Back in my college years, my roommates and I would play LAN games every night and weekend.  Age of Empires, Starcraft, Netstorm, Quake(1 or 2), Age of Wonders, Allegiance, etc.  Most of the time we played cooperatively, and really slaughtered the computer enemies.  

For example, in Starcraft, I would play human, one guy would play Protoss, and another had Zerg.  The Protoss guy would set up a defense perimeter for all of us, the Zerg would kick out thousands of infantry, and the Protoss would work on the monstrous battleship-thingy.  Eventually, he would take one of my builders and build some firebats too.  Then, we'd all charge in (usually against a Zerg), and slaughter them in no time flat.