Author Topic: Tarantulas in Animal Crossing: Wild World... >_<  (Read 8089 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Tarantulas in Animal Crossing: Wild World... >_<
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:07:18 pm »
Wow, does Nintendo know how to make something frustrating or what? Catching these suckers is tough!

They're extremely rare. Good thing they come out between 7 PM and 4 AM (unlike, say, 9 AM to 4 PM bugs that I can't get on weekdays), but that usually means I'm tired when I try to catch one. After walking around for hours, the two times I did run into one I was tired and distracted, so I wasn't even looking at the screen when they attacked me. I don't ever see the attacks, but apparently they cannonball you, (I'm guessing in the face) and I'm cursing and swearing as my in-game character wakes up in front of the house and the tarantula is nowhere to be seen. And after I do get one, assuming I will before I lose my sanity, or regardless if I have one (or my sanity), I'll still have to do the same for scorpions next month as well! >_<

I'm somewhat arachnophobic so I would never be on the lookout for tarantulas for ANY reason, and especially if they did THAT in real life. So I'm doing what I would never want to do in a video game. What's the word I'm looking for? Masochist? Is that what I must be to be playing Animal Crossing: Wild World?