Author Topic: Problems submitting or This is where I convince ppl to use gmail  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Master Bait

Maybe I should just PM Jonathan ahout this but I'm making a thread anyway. I tried to submit some maps yesterday but my mail couldn't get through. "Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.2 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again."

The map is saved as png and I've run it through PNGGAUNTLET. One (1) map is still around 13MB. So before I start bitching about email providers limitations I'd like to know if maps this size will be accepted anyway. And if so, how can I submit them?

Offline Revned

Re: Problems submitting or This is where I convince ppl to use gmail
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:17:42 pm »
Yup, Jon needs to get with the times ;-)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 01:35:18 pm »
As a rule, I always host files that are larger than 10MB instead of attaching them. For these larger maps, I use Sendspace to host it and provide Jon with both the file's link and the delete link. I'm sure there are other hosting services out there that work just as well.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:27:30 pm »
I prefer Hotmail because I can see when I have new mail when using MSN (or rather, Windows Live Messenger now).

But I do indeed have a GMail account, and have for years, and the address exactly the same as my Hotmail one, just replace "hot" with "g".  I didn't use it much before to warrant mentioning it, but since Will Mallia sends me the most maps and is almost guaranteed to be sending me something to that address every weekend anyway, making it a habit for me to check that every week now, I might as well say anyone can use that so it's no longer Will Mallia's personal direct line.  :P

Offline Master Bait

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 10:06:28 am »
There are gmail notifiers for both chrome and ff. I especially liked the one I had for ff before I stopped using firefox. It was good at handling multiple accounts.

Well, initially I was thinking of rapidshare as a last resort but I tried that sendspace this time. Always fun to try something new.