Author Topic: Pokemon Platinum (NDS)  (Read 42610 times)

Offline Maxim

Re: Pokemon Platinum (NDS)
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:59:33 pm »
Don't bother, just use the default options.
With one exception: if it's over 256 colours, use the /f0 parameter.

Offline Revned

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 12:05:50 am »
Bah, kids today and their colors.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 03:05:54 am »
In my day, we had 16 colours and were glad of it.

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 02:52:00 pm »
Oh no! I've broken my perfect record! D: There's not much I can do when I can't even boot into safe mode without blue screening, let alone booting normally :/

Now, to complicate matters, I need to figure out how to erase this rain without having to take 5 screenshots on the same spot for every step... D: (I'd forgotten about the rain! Anyone got an AR code to manipulate the weather?)

Offline Revned

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 02:59:46 pm »
There's a slight misalignment in your Route 210 map on the far left plank.

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 03:18:03 pm »
If you're talking about the plank you need to ride your bike over... it's like that in-game, apparently. :V

I caught that as well, and went back layer through layer trying to find out where it got mis-aligned, until I finally realized that it's bent like that in the game itself! :O (The long plank over the water, its shadow does pretty much the same thing...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:18:22 pm by ChronoSquare »

Offline Revned

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 05:05:28 pm »
Is it maybe an artifact of your perspective changing code?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 05:18:19 pm »
It could very well be an artifact of the game's engine when displaying a 3D model with a "forced" perspective. I've seen that happen several times in various games where such a model was displayed without any perspective deformation and with textures where one pixel on it was exactly the size of one pixel of the screen, and despite the model being perfectly rectangular you still got straight lines that were slanted by one pixel.

In this particular case, it's up to the mapper to decide if he wants to be accurate to how the game actually displays things or to how they should theoretically look (I've been increasingly leaning toward the latter myself lately).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:45:56 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »
It probably is, I don't know. There's too few of those planks to tell for sure - out of 3 around the Frontier area (I forget those route names), the one on the sandstorm route has the bending at its top; the two by Mt Stark, neither has that slight pixel mis-alignment, but the left one does seem to increase in elevation. Some weird hidden things get revealed in the environment with this camera change code, like funky 1/2 elevation hills along Cycling Road, so it might be something like that.

There's a lot of small deformations that are rampant throughout these maps due to being constrained to the elevation of the game, so for these maps it's next to impossible to get them to appear pixel-perfect as intended. Where I can blend two edges together to make them seem conformed, I will. It will likely be fixed, if it will be fixed, when it comes time to clean up route 215 and remove the trainers/put all trainers in/mark the items and hidden items.

BTW, I found that weather modifier code I wanted, so here're some more maps. I think I'm done for the day now, however...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2010, 05:59:55 pm »
Maybe I should've chimed in earlier...what happened to the headers as seen back in Reply #8?  I liked those.  Especially if the area isn't naturally rectangular or a square and can therefore be put on the image without having to cover anything or increase the image size.

Though I guess to be consistent you'd have to do one or the other to get the header on them all...

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 08:06:23 pm »
I hadn't continued that because I didn't hear any feedback on it. After seeing some other submitted maps, however, I know exactly what to do with those headers... don't worry. While they won't be showing up in these roughs to save time, I have a plan for them... ;)

In other news, things still aren't satisfactory with my laptop and its conditions... so output is diminished. D: I wanted to get done Lake Valor and Sendoff Spring as well, but doing the conglomerated route took long enough... (The snow routes should hopefully be easier to mural, since they have nowhere near the stupid amount of cliff interference that the resort area has :S)

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »
Sorry for the lack of updates... More computer troubles plus personal issues led to very little time to work on mapping sinnoh. I should be able to work on these a little more frequently now; I promise it won't go another 2 weeks without an update!

Here's 4 more to complete the land circuit of West Sinnoh... (...Dry Valor will be mapped when I get that far in a second save file used to double-check item positions and aid in trainer erasal...)

Offline ChronoSquare

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 03:35:34 pm »
Yyyup, that waterfall's annoying to screenshot. There's no gradient in the elevation there, so it just goes from the bottom end of the waterfall to the top end of the waterfall - you can't tell how high/how many spaces in-between to align the screens. :V

Anyways, this should complete West Sinnoh (I'll do Seabreak Path/ Flower Paradise tomorrow), leaving only the snowpoint areas. (I hope it's not too much of a pain in that blizzard... D:)

Offline CDRom

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:23 pm »
Okay, as you may have noticed, Chronosquare has ceased to update this project. Before he left, however, he PMd the rest of us in his project (he mentioned it in the first post) asking if one of us wanted to take over. I foolishly agreed, so now I'm stuck mapping the rest of Sinnoh. And yes, he did tell me to upload here. There isn't that much, but still. Here's what I've done so far, consisting pretty much just of Northern Sinnoh. The water in Snowpoint's a little off, as I didn't realise I could Frame Skip at the time. I'll redo if it's that much of an issue. I also did Lake Acuity, but again, the water is all over the place, so it's not really suitable. I'll redo that one when I can be bothered.

Hopefully I'll get some Battle Area up soon!...

Offline CDRom

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2011, 07:33:55 pm »
How long's it been? Eight? Nine months? Yeah I got a little lazy. A lot lazy. We had the maps WE needed, so I slacked off. But now we need more maps, so I've started on the Battle Area. Here it is. The water on Route 226 is lined up as best I could. There's no glaring changes, it's all at roughly the same level. Some time this week I hope to work on the Desert, Stark Mountain, the Resort, Routes 229 and 230. Then that'll be it!...