Author Topic: Final Fantasy VI (SNES)  (Read 61231 times)

Offline Paco

Re: Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 03:44:10 am »
hmm i would included all that has been seen before to make it complete.
Legends never dies.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 04:56:13 pm »
I got back into mapping FF6 last week, and I'm getting real close to completing the entire game. Since the update this past weekend, I've completed Umaro's Cave, the Phoenix Cave, and the Fanatics' Tower. All that's left to do is the Lete River, Cyan's Soul, Ebot's Rock, and Kefka's Tower.

Lete River: Still a pain in the neck, lol. I've tried using the remote viewing code that I found, but it's pretty much useless when riding the raft because it messes up a lot of the tiles on screen. But I've decided to use Troy Lundin's Lete River map as a template to fill in the extra areas that I can't reach.

Cyan's Soul: I've got it mostly mapped out. Just need to work on the mountain side areas where you're in the Magitek armor, and the interior areas of Doma Castle. I'm not going to bother mapping the castle exterior, because it doesn't relate at all to the scenario at hand.

Ebot's Rock: A very cumbersome area. Pretty much have to capture it all via save states since the visible area in game is very limited (and which cannot be remedied by toggling layers).

Kefka's Tower: Haven't touched it yet. I'm going to leave it until the above three maps are done. Looking forward to working on it!

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 06:06:05 pm »
Lete River: Still a pain in the neck, lol. I've tried using the remote viewing code that I found, but it's pretty much useless when riding the raft because it messes up a lot of the tiles on screen. But I've decided to use Troy Lundin's Lete River map as a template to fill in the extra areas that I can't reach.

Does the GBA game use the exact same tiles as the SNES game? That's pretty cool, if so. Also, I am able to get anywhere in this game. If there is another area you would like help on, do not hesitate to ask.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »
Yes, it looks like they do. The only obvious difference is the colours are brighter with the GBA version, which actually helps with distinguishing between the two maps as I'm filling in the holes.

Thanks for that! I'll keep you in mind if I run into a brick wall so to speak.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:11 am »
I was working on Ebot's Rock a little bit ago and discovered that, apart from the start and end of the cave, the coral gathering areas are based off of one layout which simply changes which pathways are blocked off and which are open. I've included an image of what I've mapped. Some iterations are complete while I rearranged the incomplete ones to fit the basic configuration.

As for what to do now, I was thinking of maybe mapping this bit with all the paths open, to at least acknowledge the existence of this part of the cave. Or perhaps not bother with it at all. Not really sure what to do.

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 08:01:59 pm »
Ebot's Rock does indeed only consist of two scenes. I just completed it about five minutes ago. :D

Since I am only capturing the raw scenes, I won't get all the possibilities. You could place a marker or a key to show which walls can be moved. Nice job! :D

Edit: I was wrong in my earlier statement. There are only two scenes for Ebot's rock. I will show you what I got. They are 0194 and 0195, respectively.
The first one is what the shifting room looks like without any walls missing (I guess?), while the second show the entrance and boss. Just looking at the first image I have no idea how you would even get in the room to start with, unless you fall in from the room above or something.

Also, are you using any type of Freemove code or cheat? Are you using a map freeze code or cheat to get to any map you want on demand? If not, I can help you find these, if you want.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 11:42:05 pm by Troy Lundin »

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 12:25:29 am »
Instead of what I thought of earlier (with all paths open), I actually kind of like how all the rooms are separated like that. So I think I may just go with that for when I arrange my map (and add a note about the nature of that room).

The way this dungeon works is you step on those grey pressure plates to get teleported around. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to them, it's just totally random where you end up. And it's the same with the walls as well.

I use a walk-thru-walls code to help me move around which is how I completed those first two iterations (though its usefulness is rather limited). I don't think I'll need help with this cave. I just need to encounter the rooms in isolation as I'm playing and I should be good. Thanks for showing me what you came up with! :)