Author Topic: Christmas Weekend Updates?  (Read 12984 times)

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
Christmas Weekend Updates?
« on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:14 am »
I was just curious to know about the upcoming updates this weekend since this coming up weekend is Christmas.

Will Christmas hinder the updates since most of us here are or have plans for this weekend?

BTW, I wish everyone here at the site and all the members a merry Christmas, happy hannakah and whatever December festivities that you may celebrate at this time of year.  I also wish everyone a happy new year for 2011 and hope everyone propers in the upcoming year..

Magicbay

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Christmas Weekend Updates?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:44:10 am »
I update when I can, but I also have Christmas events to attend and take part in, just like a lot of people.  I know I won't be updating Christmas Eve; Christmas Day actually seems a tiny bit more likely than Christmas Eve, but not if I get something cool to play with.  I guess most of you guys who are not Canadian might not understand or "celebrate" Boxing Day (Dec. 26), and I don't usually participate in the early morning line-ups in the cold for some shopping deals, but we'll see what's in the flyers this week.

The past few weeks' updates have been small because there have been fewer submissions, so I'm guessing the regular mappers have other things to do this month too, which comes as no surprise.

Maybe in January/February, after we've played the crap out of our new toys and games and there's not much else to do in the winter but play games (but not brand new games 'cause everyone's saving for a 3DS), then the contributions (and hence the updates) will pick up again.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:48:58 am by JonLeung »

Offline magicbay

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:52:44 am »
I hope ya enjoy yourself and your new presents, Jon.

I know I am despite me not getting all the latest games and gadgets for the wii, psp and ds.   I'm rather looking forward to watching the X-Men Legends: Wolverine movie that I picked out using gift card that I know nothing about yet.  Can't wait to watch that movie.    ;D

I hope ya have a great and fun time this holiday season, Jon even on Boxing Day.

Happy Holidays vgmaps and members.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 10:03:32 am »
Since I'm not around all that much anymore, I'll also use the occasion to wish everyone a merry "insert-your-favorite-winter-celebration-here". And just to clarify, I'm not around because much these days because I'm working almost exclusively on mapping my current game and it's pretty much going to take me the better part of the year *if* I'm lucky.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:23:31 am »
I don't think people would be too terribly disappointed if the update was delayed. After all, it's Christmas! We all have family to think about instead.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. :D
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline magicbay

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:33:39 am »
i have to agree with Peardian that we all have family stuff to do and that family holiday stuff is more important that video game stuff any day.

i, for one, am not bothered by an update delay but am excited to see what the Jolly Christmas person will leave in the update bin here..   ;D   i'll even leave him a bag of cookies and a gallon of chocolate milk for him to enjoy.

Happy Holidays to everyone here and to the world citizenry.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 10:08:58 pm »
It's midnight here, so I'm off to bed. Hyrule Field will be rendering through the night (don't eat it, Santa!) so I'll have something to give everyone here in the morning. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone!
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 09:24:14 pm »
Okay, I think I'm caught up with the updates.  Phew!

I felt kind of bad when I finally got around to my email and saw that Tropicon submitted the North Pole area in E.V.O.: Search For Eden on Christmas Day...sorry!

Offline Trop

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 10:46:39 pm »
Would you believe me if I told you that was a coincidence?  Heh.

Offline Paco

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 01:16:21 pm »
kind of fun to see, that 3 Ninja and 1 Samurai-Games got submitted.  ;D
Legends never dies.