Author Topic: Zen Intergalactic Ninja  (Read 15385 times)

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
Zen Intergalactic Ninja
« on: December 29, 2010, 05:15:45 pm »
Check that out.
No response from jonathanleung314 (at) hotmail.com
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:19:08 am by feos »

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
Re: Zen Intergalactic Ninja
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:16:25 pm »
More

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:47 pm »
Last

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 01:21:47 am »
Hi,

I put up some of those maps already yesterday (here) - unfortunately I'm not in the habit of emailing everyone back for their submissions.  I guess it must seem rude, so my apologies, and thank you for your submissions!  Also, I was slow at getting things up due to Christmas...I needed a break.

Though I didn't receive some of those - namely the Bonus and the Lord Contaminous boss fight.  I'll have those up next update.  Or if you had sent them, I think CompuPic Pro (my file browser of choice, though probably outdated) was choking on the Russian filenames (because of the use of Cyrillic characters).  To ensure that things go smoother and quicker, please always have the filenames in English, or at least with a basic English character set.

Thanks again for this!  Some of the later NES games (by the big-name studios) look really good.

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 01:33:26 am »
I really forgot to rename them in email archive, & the pictures you mentioned were not there as well, I decided to add them only yesterday.
And please change the contributor's name to feos
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 01:34:58 am by feos »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 04:03:36 pm »
Okay, they're up.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 08:23:43 pm »
Good job on mapping this game Feos.

I hate to be nitpicky however but it looks like on the Acidic Forest stage map, you didn't fill the top of the map with the right color. There's a fairly large part of the sky above the boss that's colored with RGB(26,18,16) instead of RGB(0,0,0) and a tiny square under the boss' platform with the same wrong color. It's a minor thing, but it's quite obvious to me and this map deserves to look as great as the others.

I must say I was disappointed at first that you didn't map the High Speed Railway Stage since I was curious to see how the various track sections with the switches were laid out, but upon playing it again, it would have been very hard because of the speed and the resulting map, without connecting lines, would be larger in terms of resolution than every other map on the site ;).
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:02 am »
Yes, I thought about Railway & refused to map it, because it would look like that.
These paths don't unite back after they were devided.
Looks torrible, doesn't it?

Forest fixed!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:29:52 am by feos »

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »
When at college this winter (unable to access this site), I mapped most of this game. I was considering submitting them, but there were some errors, omissions, and other minor things that I didn't have the time/motivation to fix. Of particular note was the leftmost column of 8x8 tiles, which I had to reconstruct by hand thanks to how the game works (not even FCEUX's awesome nametable-viewer was able to save me there). The tower stage suffered the most because of this.

The maps:
Toxic Factory
Oil-Rig
Acid Rain Forest

Save Jeremy (Tower)
Cave Stage
Final Stages

I'll probably finish them eventually, since I think they're nicer than the current set of maps on the site (no offense, feos).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:31:36 pm by RT 55J »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:21 pm »
I could contribute with the map for the mine cart stage *if* I can find a way to present correctly. As it stands, a full-size map with everything connected would probably be around 100,000 pixels by 100,000 pixels in size, which I'm confident no home PC could handle anytime soon.

...Seriously, the first part (up to the second switch which is all I've mapped so far) is about 21,000 pixels wide and almost just as high. Heck, I've been mapping it in sections to avoid the size issue.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:25:47 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)