Author Topic: Dragon Quest 6 for the DS?  (Read 9725 times)

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
Dragon Quest 6 for the DS?
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:42:46 pm »
Did anyone here pre-order this game and get the slime plush that came with the game?

Did ya get the slime plush or just bought the game straight out?

I would post a photo of the slime plush but I don't know how to post photos here or if that's possible here in the forums.

Offline alucard

Re: Dragon Quest 6 for the DS?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »
My story is pretty funny. I pre-ordered through Gamestop's site for an in store pickup at least a week before the game's release. I called the store yesterday to see if my game was in yet, the guy said they only had 1 pre-order/copy of the game at his store and it wasn't for me. He did say he had 1 extra Slime Plushie since Gamestop sent several to each store.

I called customer service and they said they decided to cancel my pre-order (w/out even telling me) because they ran out of Slime Plushies. They said I can re-order the game but I wont get a Slime though. So I went to the store and told the guy that customer service said I can have his extra Slime and I would get the game mailed to me. I got the Slime from him for free, and then ordered the game off Amazon which is cheaper anyway. The game shipped out today.

So yeah I got the Slime for free without even buying the game from Gamestop, but that's what they get for trying to screw me over.

Here is a photo of the Slime Plushie btw.

http://0.tqn.com/h/ds/1/H/g/3/-/-/dragon_quest_slime_plush.jpg

Offline magicbay

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 05:11:57 pm »
I got mine from Gamestop and the manager there told me three different stories. I finally did get a call from corperate saying my copy was coming in the next day.

One of the guys that was working when I got my copy is married to one of my nieces and he knew what I was there for and handed me the game and slime plush without me saying anything about the game.

Offline alucard

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
I heard a lot of people had all kinds of issues with either not getting the game, or not getting the Slime plushie, or both. I think its so funny how they thought it was ok just to cancel my order without even telling me. I am glad I am getting the game through Amazon anyway because its cheaper, free shipping, and it wont be opened by a Gamestop employee.

There were a bunch of these Slime plushies for sale on Ebay starting last week before the game's release, which leads me to believe that Gamestop employees of the stores got the Slimes early and started selling some of them.

Offline magicbay

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:00:30 am »
yea, it kinda sucks to hear others complain about Gamestop when i've complained about them also.

the only thing i had on pre-order that got canceled was the duke nukem: critical mass for the psp and i've still got the legend of zelda: skyward sword still left to pay on but other than the new zelda and my game informer subscription, i wouldn't even bother with gamestop hardly.