Author Topic: Portal 2 coop?  (Read 12353 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Portal 2 coop?
« on: May 12, 2011, 06:06:06 am »
I'm surprised that nobody has talked about this game here so far, but if anyone has the game and feels like playing the coop with me, that would be great. My only gamer friend unfortunately gets major motion sickness after mere seconds of just watching the game in action, so I'm kinda screwed...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Portal 2 coop?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:56:19 am »
Coincidentally I was rewatching the Portal 2 co-op trailer yesterday and wondering why I haven't gotten around to playing Portal 2 at all yet.

The sad thing is that I'm so behind on my Wii and DS games, and though I keep a decent PC I don't tend to prioritize PC games so I'm even more behind there too.  I haven't even played StarCraft II.

I guess I'll save my gaming itinerary rant for the "What games are we playing" topic - if anyone actually cares - but I do think it's sad when our gamer friends aren't interested in the same games we are.

I still think it's odd when people get motion sickness from first-person perspective games.  Just because first-person games are so common these days, you'd think people would've gotten over it just by the overexposure.  :P

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »
It's especially surprising since he plays a number of 3D games on his Xbox 360 but they're not primarily action titles like Fallout 3/New Vegas as well as Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption. I kept telling him how much I enjoyed Portal 2's story and characters and he asked me to let him try it a bit. He moved the mouse for a fraction of a second then quickly looked away saying he was going to be sick. Sad little me had no one to discuss the game with :(

Anyway, easily my favourite game of the year, and doubly so if I can find someone I know to play the coop part with.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 07:40:00 pm by TerraEsperZ »
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline LDK

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »
I get that motion sickness too at some games. Fortunately not very strong, but after two or more hours of playing I have to take a break. It annoys me a little because I used to play first person shooters for a long hours without a problem. Changing FOV to higher vallues ussualy helps. I do that at almost all FPS games now automaticaly.

Portal 2 is one of the best games I played in a long time and I could play coop with you if you want. Unfortunately I'm having masters exams in few weeks so I'll have time after that, if you won't find a coop partner by then.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:51:14 pm »
That would be great! Just tell me when you're ready and hopefully we'll get to enjoy the more complicated puzzles of the coop game :)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 11:51:43 pm »
I am playing Portal 2 on the PS3, though you don't say which version you have... I would love to do some online co-op with anyone interested. I guess the PS3 version is compatible with the PC one as I can add Steam accounts to my list of friends...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »
Sorry for the late response. I'm playing on the PC but I didn't specify since, as you said, both versions are compatible. I don't have any sort of mike though, and I have no idea how hard coop is if you can't talk to your partner. I know there's an integrated "pointing" tool but sometimes it takes more than that to formulate a strategy between two people.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline LDK

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 05:43:18 am »
No mic is a big problem. I've tried that with a friend - he could hear me but could not speak and whole experience was pretty frustrating. We gave up after two test chambers. You don't need hifi quality mic, cheap 2$ mic will be enought. Or plug your headphones (that type you stick into your ear, like stock ipod headpones) into mic port, hold both earpices near you mouth a try record something. it will work, but this solution require some tweaking and quality will be very low