Author Topic: Golden Sun (GBA)  (Read 10516 times)

Offline Paco

Golden Sun (GBA)
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:53:09 am »
Next Project is this one.

I have also asked Stefen Mahrla for permission to use his Maps. So i think i wont need so much time to finish it or else?
Legends never dies.

Offline Trop

Re: Golden Sun (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 04:00:18 pm »
Hey Peardian, need your expertise here.  I've been helping Paco with animation freeze codes for this project but I've hit the wall and I think you're the only one who can help.  My question is: What can you do about full screen animated distortions like shimmering heat?  I can't hack a code because VBA's hacking device won't let me see code lists if the codes go into the thousands and of course BGMapper's out since it's not SNES.  Any tricks?

Offline Paco

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:28:59 am »
i think i found a solution for this. I experiment today a litte with VBA.

Under VBA -> Tools -> Map viever i can put together BG1-BG3 to make a Map without Distortions. That just means a little more work for me, but better than nothing...

Edit:

thanks to Tile Viewer i can also find a colorful version of something which are normally only viewed colorless in Game.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 11:42:23 am by Paco »
Legends never dies.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:34:33 pm »
I usually just omit the effects. Whenever I map GBA games, I use the map viewer for the level data because it can get so much more than what's on screen and without sprite interference. Note that if the tile transparency colors are mismatched or unfavorable, you can go into the memory viewer and change the palette to suit your needs. I'll explain how if you want me to, but it's usually not necessery.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Trop

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 09:10:27 pm »
Heh, I didn't think to try Tile Viewer. 

Offline Paco

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:25:09 pm »
done mapping tihs game, so next is marking it up, but i feel somewhat lazy to do that. *sweatdrop*

---

37 of 37 Maps done.

now throwing in PNGGauntlet before sending it to Trop for Harsh Critics like: "That sucks. This sucks. That and that too. Everything sucks!" ^^
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:41:41 pm by Paco »
Legends never dies.