Author Topic: Sword of Mana (GBA)  (Read 63794 times)

Offline Trop

Re: Sword of Mana (GBA)
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:38 am »
I Like version C.
I'm torn about what to do with NPC sprites.  I'm going to display NPC stats in their own box but I'm not sure I should put their sprites on the map.  If I only put important NPC's on things might look funny since that's not what you see in the game.  If I put all NPC's on important ones would need highlights to tell them apart form the useless ones.  Any suggestions?

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:58 am »
I like C as well. Keep up the good work guys. :D

By the way, are there any questions you guys have about the scenes I provided?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2011, 12:41:01 pm »
I have a question regarding the unused scenes. Would you want to help us document the stuff you've found in the game for The Cutting Room Floor wiki? Those images, debug room, and unused scenes are exactly the kind of stuff TCRF covers. If you're interested, I'll PM you the link. (Don't want any spambots to get a hold of it!)

The map looks good, aside from the oversized credits box.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:06 pm »
I have a question regarding the unused scenes. Would you want to help us document the stuff you've found in the game for The Cutting Room Floor wiki? Those images, debug room, and unused scenes are exactly the kind of stuff TCRF covers. If you're interested, I'll PM you the link. (Don't want any spambots to get a hold of it!)

The map looks good, aside from the oversized credits box.

Ok, send me the link.

Offline Trop

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2011, 09:26:48 pm »
Just sent the first real prototype to Paco so the first complete map isn't far off.

Offline Trop

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:21 am »
Troy, problem.  We can't finish the abandoned mine.  I left without realizing I wouldn't be able to return and the girl can't get in at all.  Since you're the one with the walk through walls code you'll have to go back in to get the chests and statues.

Offline Trop

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2011, 04:44:36 pm »
Nevermind.  Paco found some saves.

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2011, 02:35:17 am »
Here is the Freemove code if you need it:
Code: [Select]
74000130 03DD
E2001660 FFFE
74000130 03ED
E2001660 0002
74000130 037D
E2001662 FFFE
74000130 037D
E2001662 0002

Offline Trop

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:13 am »
So Paco tells me he's made his final modifications.  This was on hell of a project, I can't wait to see it all up.

Offline Troy Lundin

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 08:22:06 pm »
Paco sent me a sneak-peek of the maps today. I must say I am amazed. I thought I put a lot of work in capturing the scenes but I see that was just a drop in the bucket. I had never played the game before and walking around with sprites disabled really left me in the dark. The amount of work put into these map is truly grand. I had imagined simply chest contents but you two went way beyond that. I have never seen maps so detailed. It was truly an honor to work with you guys.

As an aside, I really want to capture another game, but I think it would be better to capture a game that someone actually want to populate. I want to push my capturing program to it's limits so I can improve it. If you have a game you want to map I can make it easier for you. :D

Offline Trop

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:45 am »
That wasn't a sneak peek, you're supposed to approve them and send them to Jon, or tell Paco you approve so he can send them to Jon, or make more modifications yourself then send them in, ect, ect.  Yes it turned out to be much more of a project then I anticipated.  Still it was fun.  If you want to test your program more someone here wanted Magical Vacation, and I never got around to making a walk through walls code for it.  They wanted Magical Starsign too but I can't do DS at all.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »
The maps have been up since yesterday.  I must say, these are incredible.  RPGs often look great on their own but just all the information you've put on each map - wow!  Awesome teamwork, guys!  I would love to see more of this kind of work.

How about Super NES RPGs?  (I was actually going to request Secret Of Mana again, but before I could ask, I got the maps right away from Tropicon (like a Christmas present!), and not to downplay how awesome they are, but I'm wondering if similar labeling can be done on these maps.)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:02:23 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Trop

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2011, 10:41:06 pm »
About the SoM maps, the Test of Courage link goes to Tasnica.  Also about the SoM maps, it was always my intention to go back and mark them up, only I'd add way more then what's on the Sword of Mana maps.  The Sword of Mana maps were meant to be a light project that got bigger then any of us expected it to.  If I went back and marked the SoM maps I'd add everything from full flag guides to each individual enemy location.  Which is why I've always put it off, I'd take half a year at least.