Author Topic: The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Gen)  (Read 8894 times)

Offline RT 55J

The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Gen)
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »
About six months ago I submitted a map of the the first part of the second stage because I thought I was going to be gone for 24 months doing mormon missionary stuff (and yes I forgot to tell you guys :P), but then I got punched in the face, so I guess that I have nothing better to do than make maps while I recuperate over the next few weeks.

This game is a pretty swank, demoscene-ish Gunstar Heroes clone, except they decided to ruin it with some absolutely terrible pacing. Most of the stages are just the same demoscene-y background repeated ad nauseum, without the slightest variation in level design. This renders much of the game unmappable or entirely pointless to map (the last stage being the worst offender), which is good since it reduces my workload.

Anyways, to start off the thread, here's a map of Stage 1-1. Unlike the rest of the stages that center themselves over a demoscene effect, this one has to gall to provide a reasonable bit of variation, so I felt compelled to map it. Fortunately, it was surprisingly doable it wrangle it into something presentable.

Level 1 - Happy Birthday to Me!
- Gotham by Night
- Gem Expo
- Warehouse
- Moving Trucks

Level 2 - A Two-Sided Story
- Zeppelin Loading Dock
- Zeppelin

Level 3 - Tea Time
- Dark Studio??
- Mushrooms

Level 4 - Snow in July?
- Nothing mapworthy
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:08:44 pm by RT 55J »

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Gen)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 06:59:08 pm »
This is unfortunately one of those games that look really good while moving but that can't be accurately mapped because of the countless raster effects used. For example, your Level 1 map looks great, but you have to cheat with the perspective (sidewalk and buildings) because the game doesn't seem to give you any other choice. I'm still looking forward to whatever map you bother to assemble for this game.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:31:00 pm »
Update: All areas of Level 1 have been finished. Thankfully, these areas were merciful enough to not have any crazy raster effects, so they were quite manageable.

New Maps:
- Gem Expo
- Warehouse
- Moving Trucks

Offline alucard

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 08:02:57 am »
These look good. Are you doing sprites for this game too? I noticed that no one has really ever ripped sprites from it.