Author Topic: Veil of Darkness (PC)  (Read 12867 times)

Offline Paco

Veil of Darkness (PC)
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:18:50 am »
I plan to map it, but since its isometric im bound to face problems.

Should i align it like Solstice (for cities and such that would make sense)? or should i clue it together (Perhaps for some Dungeons that is the only Solution.)?

Well, i will map it first and then decide what to do with it. Perhaps i need someone to help me out with it.
Legends never dies.

Offline Trop

Re: Veil of Darkness (PC)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 02:15:27 pm »
Yeah like Solstice.  Just line the rooms up diagonally instead of horizontally and vertically.  All your old mapping tricks should still work they just have to be done on an angle.  Remember all video game rooms are actually boxes.

Offline Paco

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:19 am »
You make it like it sound so easy, but it isnt. If its only Doors i can somehow manage, but there is also Stairs. Also the usually Methods wont probably work in certain Dungeons (especially Hedge Maze -.-).

Also Its not the usually Diagonal i know of but more tilted. -.- That will just make more Work.

But i better stop grumble and continue mapping.
Legends never dies.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:28:44 pm »
I've never played the game but it looks very interesting. I can already anticipate how hard it will be to try and align all the rooms together but if you succeed, it will be so worth it! So good luck and make sure to share your progress with us :)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Trop

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:49:03 pm »
Uh, heh, what I meant was you could still separate rooms in the old way.  For example different connection markings between floors then for rooms on the same floor.

Offline Paco

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 11:40:52 am »
1. Pic: One of the easier Map in the Game. I dont know if i will be using this Arrow or something else. Perhaps i will use more color for Stairs, locked Door, etc..

2. Pic: Clued the Rooms together. There are some Dungeons that can be put this way. There are Swamp, Hedge Maze, Cave and Mausoleum, i think. So there are only 5 such Maps. Kairns Fortress dont count as a Dungeon even though its Monster and so. Dont know how its with Dark Forest yet.

Monster will be added later along with some details.

3. Pic: Only in mapping stage. A Mess, but still nothing against Kairns Fortress. *sigh*

4. Pic: Marked items.
Legends never dies.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:24:10 am »
If you're not using an image editor that supports layers you're in for a difficult time.  I wish I had used a different editor when I did those Haunting maps.

Offline Paco

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 07:11:45 am »
Itssssss doo nnnn  eeeeeeeeee
*faint*

I think it came out lovely. :D Well, you will see it in next days when its put onsite.
Legends never dies.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:01 pm »
I just saw the finished maps and they look incredible! And those dungeons are huge and must have taken you a long time to capture. And finally, the best praise of all: it makes me want to play this game. Judging by the graphics alone, it looks like it has a very moody atmosphere.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Paco

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 05:16:40 am »
@Terra Its a Adventure with a few RPG-Elements (you get no XP though) and if you love Vampire then all the more reason to play it. :D
Legends never dies.