Author Topic: VGMaps.com now on Facebook!  (Read 9219 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
VGMaps.com now on Facebook!
« on: January 12, 2012, 12:30:58 pm »
I finally got around to making an official Facebook page for VGMaps.com, which you can find here:
http://www.facebook.com/VGMaps

I will soon get around to adding a Facebook "Like" button on the site as well.  (About time, right?)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: VGMaps.com now on Facebook!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 01:46:49 pm »
Okay, there is now a "Like" button on the main page, as well as the bottom of any page here.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:22:13 am »
Took you long enough :P

Already liked it :)
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:27:07 am »
Will this make me finally create a Facebook account for myself? Nah, probably not... I hate social networking sites. I spend enough time on the net every day as it is, I don't need an excuse to waste even more. I'm fine with everyone else using them though; they're just not for me.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:14 am »
Well, I didn't make the official VGMaps.com page on Facebook, or the Facebook "Like" button, specifically to convince people to get into social networking, but it's become so ubiquitous that I don't want VGMaps.com to appear out of touch (*coughsiteredesigncough*).  In a similar vein, even though I couldn't really get into it, I earlier got a Twitter account just to secure the "VGMaps" name.

I also wasn't going to rave about Facebook, but your comment sounds like a challenge.  ;)

I know a few people who are resistant to Facebook.  Adamantly, even.  I also know other people who were adamant about it but eventually caved in and got an account, and are now using it as much as most other people do.

I even resisted Facebook myself back when a couple of my friends were bugging me to join (back when it wasn't well-known and I thought it was just another failed attempt at Friendster), until I gave in in early 2007, which was about when Facebook really started to boom.  I shortly returned to church shortly after joining Facebook upon reconnecting with friends from high school, thus, besides salvation (that's another topic), I also blossomed my real-life friend count.

Aside from the benefits of learning to be less anti-social that I have personally experienced, I recommend people to get Facebook accounts, if only to secure your name (hey, anyone can easily impersonate anyone else on the 'net, why give them that chance?), allow people from the past to easily find you again, and to be available when people arrange get-togethers via Facebook Events.  No one said that if you got a Facebook account that you're expected to put your entire life on display for the world, so I would recommend an account for at least these practical purposes.  And if you do find old and new friends, the time you spend on Facebook is not a total waste.

(Just stay away from the games.  I thought they were all silly and avoided them (who needs games like those when I'm perpetually behind on big-budget games?) but last month Words With Friends caught me in its grip.  Whoops.  >_>)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:43:11 am by JonLeung »