Author Topic: Super Mario Bros Z @ Newgrounds  (Read 9388 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Super Mario Bros Z @ Newgrounds
« on: July 16, 2006, 04:42:28 pm »
I don't like DBZ, but these flash animations really don't have much do do with it, other than the title tune, to be continued tune, and that there are big fights...but the fights here are really good, IMO, especially those in Episodes 2 and 3 so far.

I also wouldn't link to Newgrounds stuff unless I really think you should check it out.  It's got really good animation involving sprites and original custom-made sprites - if you're a Mario or Sonic fan you should like these.

Super Mario Bros Z - Episode 1

Super Mario Bros Z - Episode 2

Super Mario Bros Z - Episode 3

Offline Lightning Luigi

RE: Super Mario Bros Z @ Newgrounds
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:44:28 am »
Alvin earthworm is really good at animation :)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:33:12 pm »
I stopped by Newgrounds yesterday (I don't regularly go there) hoping to find another chapter, and there was!

Super Mario Bros Z - Episode 4

While there's an awful lot of blah blah blah exposition in this one, explaining how Sonic and Shadow came to the Mushroom Kingdom, the 4-on-4 fight with the Koopa Bros. is pretty cool.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:10:50 pm »

Online TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 08:41:59 pm »
I was initially hesitant to watch these since I absolutely cannot stand to watch even a single minute of anything Dragon Ball Z (heck, seeing DBZ in your first post was enough to make me close it before reading your comment about how it had little to do with the cartoons themselves) but after watching the first one, I didn't find it too bad. Of course, most of what I liked is due to the awesome animation of the original sprites. Still, I'm eager to see where it will go...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 08:54:22 pm »
The first one is meh.  The best fight scenes so far are in the third and fourth episodes.

I also find DBZ annoying, so if I recommend anything remotely DBZ-like, you know it's good, or at least far enough from the source material.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 02:23:17 pm »
I was just going to rewatch one of these before getting to the VGmaps.com update this week, when I spotted that Episode 6 is up as of today!  Fluke!

Super Mario Bros Z - Episode 6

This one's almost all action...but really long!

I suppose I should get back to work now...