VGMaps
November 20, 2017, 12:09:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FlyingArmor's Map Projects Present and Future  (Read 38949 times)
FlyingArmor

« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2017, 08:08:47 PM »

I submitted the last batch of maps for Ultima VI back in April, so that game has been complete for a few months now.

Also, last week I submitted maps for Daedalian Opus and it's Japanese counterpart, Bouken! Puzzle Road for the Game Boy. The reason for mapping the Japanese version as well was that I discovered that it had more levels than the North American version, a total of six more. But when comparing the two games more closely, you'll see that the puzzle orders don't line up one to one. Some puzzles that appear later in Daedalian Opus end up appearing far earlier in Bouken! Puzzle Road (the puzzle in the shape of a gun is one such). There's a few puzzles exclusive to the North American version as well, which I found rather interesting.

JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:13 AM »

Some localization efforts are weird.  It's like the American branch/division of these game companies just want to do something more than just translate them or change cultural references.  Unless there really is some kind of spike in difficulty, it seems nearly pointless to shuffle puzzles around.  And adding puzzles is one thing, but removing some?  Why?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: