Author Topic: 2012/10: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (NES) - vorpal86  (Read 17242 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2012/10: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (NES) - vorpal86
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:35:45 pm »

For this month's "Maps Of The Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to vorpal86's Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (NES) maps.

The sequel to the Game Boy hit, Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness once again puts you in control of Firebrand, as he tries to save the Ghoul Realm - this time, on the NES.

This bigger adventure still features a large RPGish world and lots of side-scrolling platforming action.  Though by "platforming" I mean a lot of flying.  Have you ever seen so many spikes?  (Definitely not a place for Capcom's other hero, Mega Man...)  Not to mention fire.  Careful you don't get impaled or incinerated while you're admiring the awesome graphics.

It's not as linear as other Capcom games on the NES, so if you are to survive a trip from the town of Etruria all the way to Breager Palace, the Ghoul Realm is one of those places that you and Firebrand will be glad we have maps for!  The Labyrinth of Mirrors map is especially handy.

So to recognize the effort put into making the Ghoul Realm traversable, vorpal86's Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (NES) maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps Of The Month for October 2012.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:28:10 pm by JonLeung »

Offline vorpal86

Re: 2012/10: Gargoyle's Quest II: The Demon Darkness (NES) - Vorpal86
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:34:51 am »
Hi.

I know it's been a while so please accept my apologies. I was dropping to to say thanks that my maps made it into Maps of the month. It's been a long tough few months on my side and hopefully I will be able to contribute some more maps as soon as I can. I'm currently using Neutopia II maps as I have been playing for a few days. That's what brought me here.

Mapping this game was pretty fun and I enjoyed playing it. A little side note is that a long while back, when I first played this game back in 1993 I believe when I had made a friend with the owner of a movie and game rental store. The owner kept all of his games in top shape including all NES/SNES and Genesis games.

The owner even made copies of all of his instruction manuals for each game so the originals were kept safe. All boxes for each game were also kept in semi-hard plastic cases upon display so that they could be kept safe and free from wear and tear.

Gargoyle's Quest II was one of those I rented for two days. After a couple of years renting from him, I had moved away but along the way over the two years renting from him, I managed to spark deals with him to get almost mint copies of those NES and a few SNES games, and a few Genesis games from him for really cheap. GQ II was bought by me a few months later. the original box had all inserts, mint condition manual and he even took the game apart and did a fine job cleaning the cart itself.

I only paid $10 for the game. i also got away with getting Megaman 1, 2 and 3, also in near mint condition all for $25 =D I bought most of the NES games he had and I got a very good deal on a lot of games. Well, that's my GQ II story. I really wished I never sold those games. Oh well, we could never tell what the future holds eh?

Anyway, thanks for allowing these GQ II maps for Maps of the month! I appreciate the recognition. Was fun, and sometimes frustrating but well worth it to know folks would use my maps!