Author Topic: Nintendo Direct: 2013/01/23 - More Wii U games!  (Read 8255 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Nintendo Direct: 2013/01/23 - More Wii U games!
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:07:47 am »
Did you see the Nintendo Direct from yesterday?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo?v=4MzG6lDA1A0

Or, if you don't have time for that, here's the quick one minute recap by IGN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHAXmr0OI7E

Though a day one Wii U purchaser, I am still busy playing Just Dance 4 daily (for fitness) and Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (man, it takes A LOT of Gs to unlock everything).  However, I don't really feel like I'm experiencing much new at this point, so it's nice to know more games are coming.  Even hearing Iwata simply confirm a new Mario (3D-style), Zelda (two actually, one a remake, one totally new), Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. is nice to know, even though these games are pretty much expected from Nintendo every generation.

Of course always nice to hear are surprise announcements like the unnamed game (unless it is just "X") from Monolith Soft which clearly uses the same engine and style as Xenoblade Chronicles (unconfirmed, but could be a sequel or prequel or spinoff, or at least a spiritual successor) and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem which Iwata says is an example of Nintendo working with third party publishers (if previous games haven't indicated that already).  I'm not sure I'll play the latter, but we'll see.  And then a yarn-style game with Yoshi...  Yoshi's Epic Yarn?  Though I never really got into the Yoshi games for some reason (at least not enough to get 100% in any of them), it's still nice to see more of other Nintendo mascots.

And upcoming updates to speed up loading time!  Yay!

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Nintendo Direct: 2013/01/23 - More Wii U games!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 07:53:38 pm »
So much great news given out in just one day.

Also, for the HD Wind Waker remake, you can tell that the screenshots they posted were from the experiments they did, as a proof of concept. A lot of the textures in the shots are just the originals scaled up. So, if you're worried that it doesn't look good or that it doesn't fit the style at all, don't worry. I'm sure it will look a lot better by the time it actually comes out.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Nintendo Direct: 2013/01/23 - More Wii U games!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:23:23 pm »
I'm cautiously looking forward to this upcoming 3D-style Mario game. It's the only thing likely to make me buy a new console.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)