Author Topic: VVVVVV (Complete)  (Read 20780 times)

Offline Technos

VVVVVV (Complete)
« on: April 06, 2013, 05:50:59 pm »
This map project should be easy. I'm developing maps for the popular indie title VVVVVV by Terry Cavanagh. There is a total of 15 possible maps to make. There is the 381-room overworld (the rooms are small), two intermission levels, two versions of the final level, and ten bonus levels made by other people. I've completed the overworld map, Dimension VVVVVV, which is the biggest map in the project. The intermission levels are very easy. The bonus levels I'll make if I can beat them, as they're hard. The same maps appear on the Nintendo 3DS eshop version.

Dimension VVVVVV
Intermission level 1
Intermission level 2
Final level part 1
Final level part 2

BONUS LEVELS
VVVV 4k
A new dimension
Line Wrap
Pyramid of Doom
Roadtrip to the Moon
The dual challenge
Variation venture
Variety Show
Vertiginous Viridian
Golden Spiral
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:09:04 pm by Technos »

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: VVVVVV (PC)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »
That looks great! I tried mapping the overworld a few years back, but I couldn't reproduce some details to my exact satisfaction (objects and enemies with shifting colors, animated and/or parallax backgrounds, etc) so I gave up after a while. Nice to see a finished map and I'm looking forward to the remaining maps, including the bonus levels I never got to play since I think they weren't in the version of the game I bought.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 09:21:19 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:35 pm »
Nice work! I also tried, and also gave up. Glad to see someone else follow through.

Offline Technos

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 08:53:38 pm »
Added intermission levels. The final level could be hard to make because I have to do the annoying tower mapping again. Good thing these are the only tower sections left and that they're short.

To make the tower I need to take screencaps as I proceed through the tower, attach the tile pieces, remove the background, take pictures of the menu background as it's same than the tower bg, and attach the screencaps placed behind the tiles.

Offline Technos

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »
Added the final level.

I would like to submit some of these maps. On the vgmaps home page, I click contribute and send my maps through the email, right?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »
Indeed.

Offline Technos

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 12:01:23 pm »
Finished VVVV 4k and A New Dimension. I swear, New Dimension was as hard as the overworld. Took a very long time. No I didn't complete the level correctly, I used the invincibility cheat. There are too many warps in that level so after letters and numbers, I used symbols to label warps.

These bonus level maps can be very helpful if you're not playing on the downloadable 3DS version

Offline Technos

Re: VVVVVV (Complete)
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 01:09:56 pm »
Woo, completed the VVVVVV map project! I'm now going to submit all the maps

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: VVVVVV (Complete)
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 02:43:51 pm »
Congratulations and in retrospect, I'm *so* glad I didn't stick to this project. Those bonus levels would have eaten me alive!
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)