Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U (SPOILERS?)  (Read 13289 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U (SPOILERS?)
« on: June 11, 2013, 10:35:27 am »
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U

First look & Newcomer: Villager

Newcomer: Mega Man

Newcomer: Wii Fit Trainer

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:42:10 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U (SPOILERS?)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 11:53:06 pm »
Everything about this makes me so excited. :D

And I totally knew Skyloft would be the Zelda stage they picked. Though I also expected Skyward Sword Link...
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:15:07 am »
I expected Villager, good fit.  Funny name, but I guess it can't be helped.  I expected it to be "Boy", but then again Villager works well if there's the likely female equivalent as an alternate form.

I think they did a great job with Mega Man.  He seems very much like how I feel Mega Man should be.  He wasn't bad in the first two Marvel Vs. Capcom games but here he looks way better.  Scary when Nintendo can do Mega Man better than Capcom (then again, Capcom isn't doing anything with him, so anyone could easily do better at this point).  Also, in terms of non-Nintendo characters, a much better fit than Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake.

The Wii Fit Trainer is neat.  I like the representation of the diverse stable of "characters" that Nintendo has.  And besides, they can't exactly increase the roster with many more old characters, so they might as well throw in some introduced last gen.  Here's hoping for someone from the "Operation Rainfall" trinity of games...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:30 am »
I also think it's amusing that a nameless avatar and a yoga instructor - neither of which have much personality on their own - have led to the Internet community to assume psychotic personas for them, thus creating much Smash Bros. hype in the weird way that only Internet memes can do.  Also funny considering that both these "characters" have been around for a few years already without fanfare until now.

KnowYourMeme.com has galleries of these crazy interpretations of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, if you haven't already seen.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:16:46 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 12:53:52 pm »
Screen Team's SMASH

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 07:00:13 pm »
Wow, that was pretty impressive. I was even more impressed at the end when I learned most of those were just like four people.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!