Author Topic: Vorpal86's Map Projects - Current and Complete  (Read 28693 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Vorpal86's Map Projects - Current and Complete
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 10:59:08 am »
I have all the maps for Milon's Secret Castle but I did not rip them myself I was given permission to use them but haven't yet compiled them due to my honest notion of the fact that I did not rip them myself even though I have permission to use in a creative common usage agreement it still infringes on the rules of this site for posting maps that's why I haven't. It's still giving me bad dreams. heh! :)

That's quite the run-on sentence.

You can suggest to the person who created the maps to send them in.  If you want to do additional work to the maps, and send in your revisions, if the original mapper is cool with that we can always have joint credit (i.e. both your names would be listed in the rightmost column), we've certainly done that before.

I can't imagine it being so convoluted that it leads to nightmares...just ask!

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 01:36:16 am »
Yeah that sentence was running on.. I was tired.

I looked around for names or emails to get hold of someone but to no avail. I'll check into it soon. I'm sure I can find someone who could give the OK. Then I'll add them in for the credits. Those Milon's maps are using anti aliased fonts so editing them to only use single color fonts preferably from the game it'self would be nicer. We'll see about it. I am almost done with the mapping for Shining in the Darkness and that game could be up before next weekend.

ATM my ol pal and I who did Dungeon Heroes (Dungeon Crawler) with is ready to make another game and I'll be doing the Pixel Art for it. He's excited and it's just in the idea stage right now.

Offline LTIan

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 09:31:15 pm »
Can you add Castle of Illusion (Sega Genesis) to your list?

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 03:37:16 pm »
I may take a rest and start Castle of Illusion. However, carry on. ;) The game is still not present so that's good. I'll keep you posted.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
I have received your latest bundle of maps and am excited to get home tonight to put up your Robotrek maps!  That's one of those games that I've wondered why it wasn't mapped earlier...

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:35 pm »
Me too Jon. It just seemed like Robotrek was one of those that would have been done a long time ago like FF and other good RPG's like Lufia. I searched all over the internet and found only one map of Rocco village but it was in jpeg. It's was about 16 years ago I played it and wanted to play it again. :)

@ LTIan
Not sure if you are around but I think I'll add the Genesis version of Castle of Illusion. It will be a bit slower than normal since there is no way to remove BG's with Kega Fusion and I'll have to do it the way I did Shadow of the beast and time can be consumed easy. I played through a few stages each of the three difficulty levels has different pickups, none where there should be and access to additional areas of the stage and fewer enemies.

Practice -
Only requires the first area of Stage 1 the Forest to be completed ( there are actually 4 areas and no bosses ), fewer enemies and apples to collect/throw rather than like on hard where you just get 100 points for picking up a few Diamonds in there place. The layout of the maps are also diffefent on difficulty. I need check out further to find all the differences. I just played through a bit ago on Practice mode and I saved Minni in about 20 minutes! ( That was easy.. ;) )

The game has only 3 levels on Practice

Normal -
Full game. Access to all 4 areas of the Stages, boss at the end and different map layout for some areas. More enemies. The normal full game has 5 levels altogether and 4 areas plus a boss. I'll use this difficulty level for my mapping. A few areas of the game change map layout like in Toyland.

Hard -
Full levels but even more enemies and some pickups arenot present as they would be in either practice mode or normal mode. No continues and lots of ruckus. Diamons for points in place of the apples and even fewer to pick up.

You might know all this already. Most of the differences are irrelevant to mapping. As long as I play normal all the stages should be accessible to map. At any rave on and on... It may take a while but I almost have area 1 complete. It'll probably be the hardest to map after that it should go smooth.

Offline Bentjudges

Vorpal86s Map Projects Current and Complete
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 07:59:21 am »
looks great, map layout is good, if you want this to be really good then get pro mappers who aren't busy to help you with details and stuff, you deffs need a flamethrower and a hacker in this map tho, maybe reskin a panzer as a xenomorph lmao