Author Topic: The 7th Saga (SNES)  (Read 33184 times)

Offline KingKuros

The 7th Saga (SNES)
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:11:48 pm »
Whenever you get the mapping forum up, you can move this there.

I'll just pick up where I last left off from the last board.  I am done with everything in the present world and now I got started on the world map of the past.  It will be a lot bigger than I thought it would be.  About as big as the present world.  Here are the progress lists.

To do/complete list:

World Map of the past

Town of Pharano

Town of Pasanda

Town of Ligena

Town of Melenam (past)

Town of Palsu

Town of Haven

Cave of Barrier

Castle of Gorfun (past)

Done and yet to submit:

World Map of the present

Town of Valenca

Cave of Kapel

Town of Bugask

Town of Guanta

Cave of Silence

Cave of Baron

Castle of Gorfun (present)

I'm holding off on sending these maps due to the backlogging and other stuff.  The lists will change as I progress so keep checking here.

Offline Eggz

RE: The 7th Saga (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:25 pm »
Kuros! Glad to see more people getting back on here.

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 07:10:14 pm »
The world map of the past turns out to be just like the present world with the land where Melenam is just east of the Eygus island.  I removed the locations of the present world and added the locations of the past world and included the land of Melenam.  So Jon, can you handle two maps that are 10 MB and 17408 x 13376 in size?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:03:37 pm »
KingKuros Said:
The world map of the past turns out to be just like the present world with the land where Melenam is just east of the Eygus island.  I removed the locations of the present world and added the locations of the past world and included the land of Melenam.  So Jon, can you handle two maps that are 10 MB and 17408 x 13376 in size?

Problem is, even if JonLeung can handle it, can the site surfers? I remember crashing my browser several times while trying to view the Earthbound Zero map (16000 x 15000 pixels). If he has the space for it, I'd suggest breaking them in quadrants for easier viewing.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 11:59:11 pm »
Jon, did you have the last set of 7th Saga maps I sent in during your backlog?  I didn't see it put up by the time you said you caught up. I know I sent them.

This set contains maps of:

Castle of Baran

Castle of Bilthem

Kingdom of Bilthem

Town of Brush

Town of Tiffana

Castle of Tiffana

Now as far as my progress goes,  I'm done with everything up to Palsu.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 12:58:28 pm »
I figured something was missed.

I put up every map that I did receive in my Hotmail.  Did you maybe send them to my GMail account, the one that I said I rarely use?  Or maybe it got lost somehow...you know how Hotmail tends to throw things in the Junk Mail folder.  Hopefully I haven't lost a lot of maps this way.

Try sending them again.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:33:05 pm »
I am all done mapping this game.  All I have to do now is label and send them.  Jon, I always send maps to your hotmail account and I'll re-send what is needed after all the E3 stuff is over.  One last thing, should I send in the World Maps whole or split in 4 quadrants like TerraEsperZ suggested?  What do you think?

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:41:20 pm »
Go with quadrants. It would be way too big otherwise. Maps that big only open in Photoshop without crashing for me, and they can take about a minute to load. Maybe more.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:50:13 pm »
Photoshop is what I had to use to assemble the maps that big.  I usually just use MSPaint.  I want to see what Jon has to say before I do anything.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 11:07:15 pm »
I sent in the 4 quadrants of the World Map of the Present.  I'll do the same thing for the Past map the next day.  I also re-sent the maps I tried to send in before.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 10:36:30 pm »
I just sent in the 4 quadrants of the World Map of the Past.  Jon, I hope everything I sent you the last 2 days got to you alright.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 02:24:11 pm »
Congrats, KingKuros!  The third-last map of yours I put up (I think it was the Kingdom of Bilthem) was the 4000th map put up!

Now I wonder if I'm missing some maps of yours.  With the exception of the eight HUGE overworld past/present quadrant maps, I've put up everything that I have received.  Please send anything that may be missing.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 04:07:10 pm »
I'm really looking foward to seeing this overworld, if my computer doesn't crash from the huge filesize :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 05:03:07 pm »
The present-day overworld is up.  The past is still being PNGGauntleted.  Boy, it takes hours to do .PNGs this size.  But I think it cut one of them down from 5 MB to 4 MB...

I'd ask you guys to run PNGGauntlet on your maps but I'd probably end up doing it myself anyway.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 05:16:35 pm »
Just looked at them and I'm really disappointed. I mean, KingKuros did a great job mapping them, but they just look incredibly average. A lot of them look like a waste of space, with huge mountain ranges and lots of empty space, and no cool-looking areas unlike other overworlds like Secret of Mana, the Dragon Warrior/Quest games and  the various Final Fantasy games.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)