Author Topic: The 7th Saga (SNES)  (Read 33191 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: The 7th Saga (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 05:25:29 pm »
I think the definition of wasted space actually goes to the EarthBound Zero maps, which were also so big that they had to be broken into quadrants.  The maps show large areas of just trees.  Trees everywhere!

(Though it doesn't take much to see that the maps aren't really designed like the Super NES RPGs are...instead of one big square (or rectangle), the EarthBound Zero world map is probably actually a bunch of smaller rectangular maps put together.  The trees are just filler.)

Offline Revned

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 05:29:09 pm »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Just looked at them and I'm really disappointed. I mean, KingKuros did a great job mapping them, but they just look incredibly average. A lot of them look like a waste of space, with huge mountain ranges and lots of empty space, and no cool-looking areas unlike other overworlds like Secret of Mana, the Dragon Warrior/Quest games and  the various Final Fantasy games.

I agree. I wanted to see a great looking overworld for all the effort he put into them, but it's really boring too look at. :(

I hate not being able to quote bits and pieces of a message, or multiple posts. I still don't like these forums over the old ones.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 08:42:26 pm »
Thanks!  This is the second time in a row that I did the honors to send in the x000th map (3000th being an Alien Syndrome map).  Jon, are you going to put up the map stats like you did when you got # 3000?  Such as largest and smallest maps, longest and shortest maps, etc.  This time updated for the 4000 maps.

Now on to The 7th Saga.  As for the locations, I got the present Barluca (the ice contenent) and everything in the past to label and send.  I knew the world maps would be too large for anyone to appreciate.  A lot of water, mountains, and long distances between locations.  Ticondera, huh?  If I knew you would use that name, I would've put "Ticondera - Present"/"Ticondera - Past" in the title block.  I did thought about it momentarily, though.  I'll try to get the rest done as soon as possible.  Once again, thanks.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 10:13:09 pm »
KingKuros Said:
Thanks!  This is the second time in a row that I did the honors to send in the x000th map (3000th being an Alien Syndrome map).  Jon, are you going to put up the map stats like you did when you got # 3000?  Such as largest and smallest maps, longest and shortest maps, etc.  This time updated for the 4000 maps.
I don't think the smallest and largest maps have changed.  Well, the smallest one got smaller when I ran it through PNGGauntlet...

If that "3000th map" topic got recovered with all the other old ones that did, maybe I'll make a VGMaps.com stats topic that can be edited as each milestone is reached or record broken or something.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 08:25:39 pm »
I just sent in the locations on the Barluca Contenent in the present world.  That should be everything for the present world.  Barluca is the icy contenent at the northwest of Ticondera.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 10:03:23 pm »
I just sent in the locations of the Past world.  And that is all for The 7th Saga!  Once these maps are up, that will be everything.  Finally, all completed!

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 07:14:49 pm »
Now that all the maps for this game are up, I now have a guessing game for you.  Each map with a certain background color have something in common.   Can any of you figure out how I selected the BG colors for each of the maps?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 10:08:46 pm »
You'll see it as a MotM one day, for sure.  :)

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 11:29:45 pm »
Thanks!

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 09:27:32 pm »
Have you made the thumbnail for this game yet?  I haven't seen one so far.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 09:42:31 pm »
I know I promised you that I'd get around to it the next time I had some time to make thumbnails, but that time hasn't come around yet...  :(

Maybe I'll make some time to do so soon, as I've got a slight backlog of thumbnails that I've been meaning to make...

In the meantime, is there an area you'd suggest might be good for one?