VGMaps
November 21, 2017, 10:34:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My mapping projects  (Read 2408 times)
dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« on: March 22, 2016, 11:35:39 AM »

In Progress

Wagyan Land (NES)
Wagyan Land 2 (NES)
Wagyan Land 3 (NES)

Stumped...

Projects i'm giving up on, at least for now. If someone else wants to map these go right ahead.

Beavis and Butt-Head: Bunghole In One [PC] (Reason: Can't view maps because no freedom of movement)
Beavis and Butt-Head: Do-U [PC] (Reason: Can't get the HUD or the sprites off the screen)
Ken Griffey Jr. Presents: Major League Baseball (Reason: Codes did not work as well as I had hoped, still can't move screen)

Finished

American Gladiators [SNES]
Balloon Fight [NES] (Balloon Trip only, not the 12 phases)
Beavis and Butt-Head [Game Boy]
Beavis and Butt-Head [Game Gear]
Beavis and Butt-Head [Genesis]
Beavis and Butt-Head [SNES]
Beavis and Butt-Head In Virtual Stupidity [PC]
Caesars Palace [NES]
Chinese Hero [arcade]
Crystal Warriors [Game Gear]
Double Dragon [Game Boy]
Double Dragon 2 [Game Boy]
Double Dragon 3 [Game Boy]
Dr. Mario [NES]
Galaga: Demons Of Death [NES]
Ghostbusters [NES]
Ghostbusters 2 [NES]
Inindo: Way of the Ninja [SNES]
Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru [NES]
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Winning Run [SNES]
Little Ninja Brothers [NES]
Lunar: Walking School [Game Gear]
Magic Knight Rayearth [Game Boy]
Magic Knight Rayearth [Game Gear]
Magic Knight Rayearth 2: Making Of Magic Knight [Game Gear]
Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors [Game Boy]
Mario Paint [SNES]
Mystery Quest [NES]
Narc [NES]
Ninja Boy [Game Boy]
Ninja Boy 2 [Game Boy]
Osu!! Karatebu [SNES]
Panel de Pon [SNES]
Panic Restaurant [NES] (just 3 maps that were missing)
Pizza Pop! [NES]
Royal Stone [Game Gear]
Shaq Fu [SNES]
Skate or Die 2: The Search For Double Trouble [NES]
Ski or Die [NES]
Slayers [SNES]
Star Fox [SNES] (Backgrounds only.)
Super Caesars Palace [SNES]
Super Chinese 1&2 Advance [GBA] (only SC2 so far)
Super Chinese 3 [NES]
Super Chinese Fighter [SNES]
Super Chinese Fighter EX [Game Boy Color]
Super Chinese Fighter GB [Game Boy]
Super Chinese Land 3 [Game Boy]
Super Chinese World 2 [SNES]
Super Chinese World 3 [SNES]
Super Ninja Boy [SNES] (both versions)
T&C Surf Design: Wood And Water Rage [NES]
Tetris (Nintendo) [NES]
Tetris (Tengen) [NES]
Tetris Attack [SNES]
Uncanny X-Men, The [NES]
Wall Street Kid [NES]
Wally Bear and the NO Gang [NES]
Warpman [NES]
Wayne Gretzky Hockey [NES]
Wayne's World [NES]
WCW World Championship Wrestling [NES]
Where's Waldo [NES]
Who Framed Roger Rabbit [NES]
Widget [NES]
Winter Games [NES]
Wolverine [NES]
Wonderland Dizzy [NES]
World Games [NES]
Yo! Noid [NES]
Ys III: Wanderers From Ys [SNES]
Zombie Hunter [NES]

I also have a map of Kung Fu Heroes done in the same format as Ninja Boy but I can't submit it because there's already maps posted for it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:13:20 PM by dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co » Logged

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »

I'll have to fix some of my Roger Rabbit maps after i'm done with Noid. Apparently you can get into those locked buildings after all. Man, all these years and i never knew...
TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »

Are you going to map both Yo! Noid and Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru? I know both games feature very similar if not identical levels in terms of structure, but it would be really cool to switch from one version of a level to the other just to see how radical the changes are.

And about Roger Rabbit, it's always both weird and cool to realized you completely overlooked part of a game way after the fact Smiley.

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)
-Lilly Looking Through (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »

Yeah, i'm mapping both versions of this game at the same time. When i finish a stage i can toggle back and forth between the maps and see how none of the items move. It's great for double checking for errors.

I only found out about the locks when i watched Mike Matei play Roger Rabbit on Youtube, but yeah, the biggest shocker about that is one of the locked buildings is an alternate store. Smiley

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 12:34:10 PM »

I made these alternate world maps for Little Ninja Brothers just for fun. The pallette swap effects the entire world map when you enter or leave the snowfield and if you use codes to walk through the mountains you can avoid swapping it back. In the first image I turned the snowfield into the "sunfield," and in the second one the entire map is winterized.

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 11:46:42 AM »

New projects.

Beavis and Butt-Head [Genesis]
Beavis and Butt-Head [Game Gear]

I think i might have figured out how to map Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball too. I made some codes that move the guy in the back of the field after he picks up the ball. It's going to be time consuming though, and will probably take a while just to map the Kingdome.

7E0784?? Horizontal Axis
7E0785?? Horizontal Axis x256
7E0786?? Vertical Axis
7E0787?? Vertical Axis x256
7E101E80 Doesn't cut back to batter screen after you pick up the ball, stay on field forever
7E10BC03 Freeze background animation

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »

Next up, Magic Knight Rayearth (Game Gear) and Royal Stone (Game Gear).

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2017, 10:39:55 PM »

I have something to share now that i'm finishing up Lunar Walking School. The fixed battle in the MAN'S Dungeon can actually be won if you play this on something with a memory editor. Set RAM address C526 and C527 to 00 when you fight Gear and it will go down in one hit. You get an item called "Manliness" which is normally impossible to get, and when you deliver it to the person who asked for it he doesn't even acknowledge that you have it. Oh well.

Doing research on more Beavis and Butt-Head PC games now.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 07:58:36 AM »

He doesn't acknowledge your "Manliness"?  Is that a critique on the perception of masculinity?  Of all the items where it doesn't matter if you have it or not...though you normally can't obtain it...sounds like there's something to dissect here, or maybe not.  Tongue

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:55 PM »

Heh, that's pretty much right. The only two characters in your party at the time are both female and the dojo master insists on having only male students, so you have to find a different teacher after losing this battle.

Still, the fact this item was a guaranteed drop in a fixed battle makes me think the programmers were considering multiple branches to the story at one point and eventually decided against it.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »

Oh, okay, so the dojo master is a sexist.  I thought it was some kind of more subtle jab at society or something.  Or it could be as well still, I just didn't know the original context which makes it fairly concrete.

Coding it in as an item could be part of that joke or statement or whatever.  I know that if I was making a game I would do something like this, coding an implied item to be an actual item (in the in-game sense), even if I never intended it to be used.

Well, thinking too deep on this now.

Aren't there web sites that catalogue all sorts of unused/cut content?  Even though I don't recall seriously perusing it, I recalling hearing about The Cutting Room Floor but now that I Google it I can't tell if it's merely down or if it's blocked at work.  Anyway, if you're the first one to find this out, while thanks for sharing it here, it might be a tidbit worth sharing with them (or other game historians) too.

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 02:06:07 PM »

It must just be your workplace filter, the link works just fine over here.

And you're right, i should share with them, the thing is... i've never edited a wiki before. I guess that's one of those things i should really learn how to do.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2017, 11:04:44 PM »

Extras from Zombie Hunter. I found out how to change the background colors into one solid color while I was mapping so I made a sprite sheet.

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:04 PM »

Magic Knight Rayearth on Saturn just became plausible. I got Yabause up and running and i've finally made some position modifier codes to get into inaccessible areas.

060FDB4C ????      Horizantal Axis Position
060FDB50 ????      Vertical Axis Position

This is going to be my new long term project. If I can figure out how to deal with the Forest of Silence, which is a repeating maze much like the Lost Woods, I should be in good shape.

Edit: I found a good way to map the Forest of Silence. All I have to do is walk around in the black area, which is normally off limits, and I don't have to worry about the game warping me all over the place.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:24:01 PM by dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: