Author Topic: The lack of maps in my inbox this week is highly unusual.  (Read 18718 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
The lack of maps in my inbox this week is highly unusual.
« on: August 18, 2006, 06:13:45 pm »
Unless my Hotmail is considering submissions as junk mail again, I don't see any maps in my inbox.

When's the last time I had an update-less weekend?

Ah, well, by Sunday someone'll submit something.

Right?

Offline Revned

RE: The lack of maps in my inbox this week is highly unusual.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 06:26:23 pm »
If you need a map to post, you can put up the Link's Awakening overworld map I made. I guess I never formally submitted it.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:46:54 pm »
These Desert Strike maps are taking a bit longer than I expected, and I've also been a little lazy.  I just started on the third of four maps, and you said you like to do whole updates, so I'm waiting until they're all done.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:00:57 pm »
I just find it a little weird is all, I'm not badgering anyone to finish anything.  The last weekend I didn't update was the weekend I got back from E3, it looks like - and I probably had some maps that week, I just didn't feel like putting them up.

And to think that in the first couple years it wasn't unusual for a whole month to go without updates.

I suppose I could use the time to do some things I've been meaning to do, like maybe some more map thumbnails...

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 02:22:33 pm »
Well, I did a bunch of Chrono Trigger maps. But since I hit the 400 mark on GameFAQs, I really haven't been that motivated *cries*

---

Creator of over 380 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 07:17:57 pm »
Never mind, Peardian sent in a Mario Vs. Donkey Kong map.

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 07:19:51 pm »
Really, this was meant to be posted when I put it in my original thread: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1284/sawakeningkoholint3sq.png

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 07:33:28 pm »
I love the map Revned, especially since the color version somehow uses really pale colors unlike both Oracle games. It was about time someone did it well.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 07:48:32 pm »
You really like the Oracle games' colors better? I thought they were too bright and looked kind of bad....

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 08:09:42 pm »
Maybe they look a *bit* too vibrant, but I much prefer that to the DX's colors. The colors on the Koholint map on VGMap just look washed out to me.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 09:07:48 pm »
Huh. I like the softer colors of Link's Awakening DX. They make the whole game less cartoony.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 09:18:34 pm »
One of these days I need to go and finish that game.  For some reason I just wasn't into it as much as LttP.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 09:32:27 pm »
Personally, I found it much less epic than A Link To The Past yet it was excellent in its own right. It definitely has one of the best ending to any Zelda game, and is really touching :)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 09:46:59 pm »
I got bored with A Link to the Past. There were too many dungeons and not enough side-quest kind of stuff.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2006, 09:59:47 pm »
Remind me Revned, did you ever play Majora's Mask? Because most of the game consists of side-quests, and they are responsible for meeting most of the game's characters and getting you emotionally involved in the game world. The main quest is only four dungeons long and for that it sucks a bit, but if you ever play it and try to fulfill all the side-quests (and the game even provides a list of sorts for you), you'll go through what is, in my humble opinion, the most rewarding Zelda experience.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)