Author Topic: One request… [Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru]  (Read 13985 times)

Offline ebisumaru

There is an RPG with a big map called "Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ougon Kiseru"(がんばれゴエモン外伝 きえた黄金キセル). I would appreciate if someone managed to splice something together for that. Many thanks! Let me know if there are problems……
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:03:00 am by JonLeung »

Offline FlyingArmor

Re: One request…
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:59:05 pm »
I wouldn't mind taking on this request. After checking the game out, it looks pretty nice and it should be fun to map out.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:01:39 am »
Goemon games look great.  That said, I'm surprised we don't have more of The Legend Of The Mystical Ninja for the Super NES than we currently do...

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 01:57:20 pm »
I'm back to report that I have the overworld map for this game mostly finished. The problem I've come across is figuring out how to walk through walls (or in this particular instance, walk on water) since there are a few areas that are very far away from the main islands of Japan that are difficult to place accurately if you play through the game normally. I should try again with the hacking to see if I can come up with something, but so far I've had no luck.

In the meantime, I suppose I could release what I have so far of the map, as rough as it is.

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 01:46:38 pm »
Would map coordinates help? You can change your position in the memory editor and refresh the screen by going into the menu with this.

612B Horizontal (16 steps)
612C Vertical (16 steps)

612D Horizontal (1 step)
612E Vertical (1 step)

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 01:02:37 pm »
After much finagling with FCEUX, I figured out how to use those addresses to "teleport" myself around the world map to capture the inaccessible areas I couldn't capture before, as well as figure out how far away China is from Japan in-game. So thanks so much Zagato for bringing those memory addresses to my attention! I'll have the world map sent to Jon shortly and with that this request will be fulfilled.