Author Topic: What the heck was that?  (Read 30428 times)

Offline Revned

RE: What the heck was that?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 11:42:27 am »
Why are we fixated on GameFAQs imitations? It seems like every time we get one of these boards running, people end up complaining about not being able to post links or images. I think we should just use a tried and true message board....

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »
I had 101 gold by the way, I was keeping that amount to earn 2 gold a day and using that with the 5 to buy 7 pixels a day.

IMO, I've never cared for this GF++ forum software.

Offline MagnetiC

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 02:17:08 pm »
I thought something was wrong when I suddenly had 34 next to my name and loads of exp and gold, then a few minutes later I was banned. Sad that people need to hack a forum to get some attention.

Seems he also deleted my first topic, I contested it so I hope it's fixable. I had 1 EXP and 5 Gold afaik.
Ignorance is bliss.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 02:27:47 pm »
Something I'd love to do is write my own compatible message board, but I don't have much time.

And now using a different board will prove difficult because database fields may not match, and some other string manipulation code may not be cross-over friendly.

Something that doesn't help is Jon's server is still using php 4 and mysql 4 while ver. 5 of both has been out for quite some time.

In the end, I think this board will work, I will just continue to make things happen.

---

Cool beans

Offline One Three Three Seven

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 05:17:43 pm »
It must be nice to be such a loser that the only way to get attention is to hack a tiny little board using someone else's tools

Actually, it's an exploit I found myself when working on my own GF++ boards. (The ban was anyway. The karma mucking I found by pure coincidence).

Admins, please AIM me(The O RLY Guy) ASAP so I can tell you the fix. (It's nothing to do with theme changing)

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 05:18:09 pm »
And, any admin should be able to overturn the moderations just by manually going to the poster's moderation history.

Offline KingKuros

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 06:30:45 pm »
One of my topics, which is "Counter problem on main page" in the Social board got modded and banned for "trolling".  It was done this morning.  Can this be part of the 'Exploit' hack problem?

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 09:33:01 pm »
Yep, it sure was.

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 09:35:22 pm »
Also - Real Exploits wasn't me. It was someone else who thought my username was a joke. I shut him up quite quickly...

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 05:44:20 am »
Heh, I just modified my site so that upon someone trying to use the exploit, they get a nice large goatse aimed right at them. ^_^

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 09:04:24 am »
I talked to 1337 (Exploit) on AIM and we closed these gaps that out there. The theme exploit may still be an issue, but the new version of GF++ will close that one.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 10:40:28 am »
So... 1337/Exploit was really just pointing out a security gap in the board, and had a little fun at the same time?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 01:58:01 pm »
JonLeung said:
Exploit and Real Exploits...who were they?  Looks like they took control, did a few bans, and a couple other things.

Looks like we lost a few topics that were posted on yesterday.  Nothing major, except for maybe the controversial one, but that one was starting to get too hairy anyway.  I don't see the Mega Man Vs. Technos topic.  There may have been another one or two or three, but I'm sure it couldn't've been more than that.  Thankfully the SotN one is still intact.

From what I can see, some users' EXP and/or Gold are messed up, so far it seems to include myself, bustin98, Dan, DarkWolf, mephea, MagnetiC, and Revned.  I'll have to fix you guys up later...somehow.  I may unfortunately have to guess on how much you should have.  Not like you care at the moment, since you probably have more than you should.  I've also restored the banned people.

Any other damage?  Hopefully nothing else, and nothing permanent.

bustin98, did you manage to find and fix the exploits?

Let's not do this again.  Who would target VGMaps.com's forums for hacking?

This site is posessed by a ghost! >_>

*runs*

---

Creator of over 390 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 03:06:52 pm »
Yeah. I have no idea if he deleted some of the missing topics, or what, but most of things done was fixable. I looked through the database for the missing topics and saw no sign of them.

And don't believe in ghosts. Its always a dude with a mask and glowing paint. We just need a Scooby Doo to man the watch tower.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 03:40:30 pm »
Everyone, check your moderated messages.  You may have some topics moderated by Exploit.  Hopefully nothing major, if not, let me know, even if we likely can't bring them back.

I don't think these topics can be restored with their responses intact, but you can copy and paste the text and remake them.  You can contest the moderations and the admins can remove that blemish from your record by overturning the moderation.

I'm still wondering why Exploit/1337 would help us with the exploits now but cause some trouble first.  Perhaps I'm humourless.

I would like any other exploits to be known to bustin so he can patch them up, but they shouldn't require mucking about.