VGMaps
April 26, 2018, 12:22:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering Old Topics  (Read 10411 times)
Revned

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »

JonLeung Said:
I didn't think so.

It's the big topics I mostly want recovered, and since they're the ones that are missing...  Sad

I don't even have four megs free at the moment, I bet.  I really need my host to get back to me soon.  I have like a month's worth of backlogged maps, and that to me is the priority when I do get more space.  But since you spent so much time with this, Revned, I should be putting them up - but that's when I get a chance.

I guess I could change my procedure and try to do some offline updates, so everything will be up the first chance I get...  >_<

If you can't fit them in, I'm sure I can manage to get them up on GeoCities or something. I don't know if you can upload very many files at once, though, so it might be tedious. I can also just email them to anyone interested, if you think that'd be better in the long run.

JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »

I forgot to email them to you, sorry.  When I remember I will.

Now that I have space, I guess I can find a place for them.  Maybe just a directory/folder where all the HTMs can be accessed, unless you want to do something more.
Inty

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »

You've got more space, but not that much. Pictures take up a lot, and a folder of avatars is unessacery  due to everyone getting new avatars already. They are better uploaded to imageshack or something IMO. But your choice.

---

Your browser doesn't support object.

&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 11:21:01 AM »

What do you mean "not that much"?  You have access to the cPanel.  Surely you can see that I've gotten multiple times the space I used to have.  If I have maps over 5 MB, I'm sure we can have a few kBs worth of old avatars.  Revned said it all would take up about 4 MB.
Inty

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »

Oh shit <_< I forgot cpanel X lists it as disk space left. The older versions did it like 'total space' and 'space used'.

My bad.

---

Revned

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 01:30:43 PM »

Inty, you really think I want to go through and redirect all the images in the HTML source to ImageShack?

Inty

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »

I know. But i don't think they are needed at all. Is it actually gonna help you out? You've got a new avvy.

---

Revned

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »

It just makes it nicer to be able to read without x's all over the page. And it makes it easier to identify who's posting.

JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 09:31:50 AM »

I keep forgetting to get those avatars.  >_<
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: