Author Topic: The secret Nintendo song by Kazumi Totaka  (Read 7682 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
The secret Nintendo song by Kazumi Totaka
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:18:46 pm »
Here's an interesting easter egg found in some Nintendo games!

Secret song in Nintendo titles

That tune from the "O" in Mario Paint and the K.K. Song in Animal Crossing are the same tune, which I already knew about...but did you know that it is also hidden in Link's Awakening, Yoshi's Story, Super Mario Land 2, and other Nintendo games?  o_0

How do people find these things?  Considering that you have to wait 2 and a half to 4 minutes to find some of them...

Offline Revned

RE: The secret Nintendo song by Kazumi Totaka
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:51:28 pm »
Wow, very cool. I'm amazed that they found so many, but at the same time I'm amazed they haven't been found before, at least in the Game Boy games....

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:56:11 pm »
Actually, the Game Boy games surprise me.  Who's honestly going to get Game Over in Super Mario Land 2 and then let it sit while the batteries drain?  And moreso Yoshi's Touch & Go...when you pause for like 3 minutes wouldn't you close the DS to put it in sleep mode?

Of course, once people are aware (they probably are moreso now) everyone's going to pause every game that Totaka's involved with and let it sit for like ten minutes.

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:24:05 pm »
I was thinking the Game Boy ones would have been discovered since the ROMs have been hacked to death.