Author Topic: Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin (DS)  (Read 41999 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin (DS)
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 03:24:58 pm »
Those quests appear to be an interesting addition to the Castlevania franchise. How do they work?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 04:22:51 pm »
A character you meet somewhat early in the game, a ghost who goes by the name of Wind, gives you missions, or "Quests", which add a tremendous about of play time to the game.

The first Quest is required for a necessary skill, but all the rest are optional with rewards which are usually items, though some are skills or HP and MP boosts.

The Quests are varied, from finding and defeating a certain rare enemy or locating items or "mastering" certain weapons by using them enough times.  Which is why you see on GameFAQs people freaking out about having sold the Long Sword, and early weak weapon that's unfortunately unique.  It's an ingredient for a Poison Sword, and making one is one of the Quests.  The ultimate reward for finishing all of the Quests is the same ultimate reward in Dawn Of Sorrow for obtaining all the Souls.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 10:11:27 am »
Thanks for the tips, Revned.  I bought a Long Sword from the fourth random shop I visited, like you said.  I completed the Poison Vs. Poison Quest and got multiple Assassin's Swords, which I kept getting and selling (thanks for mentioning the glitch).  And I can still get more.  I bought one of everything from Vincent, including two Rings of Mastery, and mastered the Cross, the Holy Water, the Bible, (for the Holy Mastery Quest), the Dart, as well as the joke weapons, the Cream Pie and the Paper Airplane, all in just slightly more than an hour (at the place with the Zombies, which you also suggested).  Which is really quick.  o_0

Thanks again!

Offline Revned

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 04:21:44 pm »
Well, I've finished all the quests and mastered more than half of the weapons. Fun stuff.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 06:03:46 pm »
I'm still working on the Nest of Evil.  Stupid Fake CV III bums!

Offline Revned

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 06:53:49 pm »
Take out Trevor with 1,000 Knives, then the other two are a cakewalk. Is that before or after the double Frankenstein battle?  If It's before, then you're really in for it.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 09:57:02 pm »
Again, Revned pulls through with good tips.  Thanks!

If you mean the two Frankenstein's Monsters that are in the same room in the Nest of Evil, I don't know why you mentioned it.  As do other people on GameFAQs.  I just threw Crosses like crazy and healed up when necessary with Potions.  It's not like money is a concern anymore thanks to an earlier tip you mentioned.  :P

Offline Revned

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 10:05:26 pm »
Hmm, it took me forever to figure out a good way to beat them. I used Dark Rift to stop their projectiles, but I still had trouble.

Anyhow, I finished mastering all the subweapons. I found a better place to level up. It's in the Dark Academy, down and to the right of the second warp point. If you have two Master Rings, you can get 80 sp from the Minotaurs in there.

Offline mephea

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 07:07:08 am »
hey guys.  i guess im a l;ittle late with this advice, but i maxed out my axe score in just a couple of hours (without the ring) doing the big pharoah guys that come out of the sand in the desert stage.

i know, im a noob.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 08:09:48 am »
I only have the Wrecking Ball left to do.  I maxed out most of my subweapons from the Mummies at the bottom of the Forbidden City (it's the room right next to a teleporter and save point).  Not sure if it's much better than Zombies or Ghouls, but I've killed over 5000 Mummies so far and I'm almost done anyway.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2006, 09:37:37 am »
I finished it at after midnight yesterday morning.

Is it just me, or did they misspell "Richter"?  Or has it always been "Richiter"?

Offline Revned

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2006, 10:53:45 am »
They misspelled it. I have 100% in everything but the item list, which I'm working on now. I even completed the drop items for every enemy.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2006, 11:30:25 am »
The drop items for the monsters that are exclusively in the Nest of Evil are a pain.  I was lucky to get Thor's Bellow (one of the spells) when I beat an Amducias there.  I haven't gotten it to drop a Record 3, but I don't really see the point of the Records (other than completion) since the music is in the sound test anyway.

Did you play through the Richiter and Sister modes?

Offline Revned

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 02:26:59 pm »
No. I never liked not being able to actually use items and stuff, so I won't do Richter mode. I might do Sisters mode, but it seems really imbalanced, so probably not.

I'm currently leveling up to 99. I still need to kill 800 or so Old Axe Armors, too...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 07:57:30 am »
Where would you suggest fighting the 1000 Old Axe Armors?