Author Topic: About time  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Revned

About time
« on: October 31, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »
This running out of bandwidth every single month without fail is getting really annoying. This month it was gone 5 of 31 days, so the site lost 16% of all potential newcomers. Not a good deal.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: About time
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:38:29 am »
I used the time off to optimize the HTMLs (I shaved off half a MB on the Super NES index alone!) and I asked for 75 or 100 GB of bandwidth instead of 50 GB which I have now so hopefully it won't happen again for awhile...

Offline mephea

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 08:15:32 am »
i remember when my WoW maps were huge. heh.  At the time i had unlimited storage and bandwidth, thank god for that.  I was shipping out 300+ gigs a month. 100 of those were video downloads.

sadly i went to a new server, got like 10 gigs of storage and 100 gigs of bandwidth.  now i may send 15-20 gigs a month. heh.  bout the only times i had problems was the first or second day of a maps release and when i hosted patches.  the traffic was so intense that i couldnt access my site that entire day. heh.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 07:38:38 pm »
I suggest that completed map sets have a torrent if they're sucking up too much bandwidth.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 07:40:12 pm »
That's not very practical. I'd much prefer to be able to click on links to see one or two maps from a set rather than go through the hassle of downloading a torrent, opening it, going to the list of files, finding the one I want, then disabling the rest of the images.