Author Topic: Happy birthday to me on November 5th!  (Read 11896 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Happy birthday to me on November 5th!
« on: November 02, 2006, 08:53:29 pm »
Seeing as I won't be home on sunday, I'm making my own birthday thread in advance!

Hitting the big 27 this year, I'll most likely party it out with friends this weekend. Plus, my sister's present is a theater ticket to see "Le Royaume des devins", a puppet theater piece adapted from one of Clive Barker's novel (who also did Hellraiser).

My mom also bought something I had wanted for a long time but always forgot to buy: a water-and-fireproof safe to keep important documents as well as my backup CDs in a safe place in case something happens to my appartment.

As for me, my present to myself was buying all 6 toys from the first wave of the Transformers Classics line: Rodimus, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Astrotrain, Starscream and Megatron. Needless to say, I was quite glad to see all of them on the shelves tonight :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Happy birthday to me on November 5th!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:56:57 pm »
I've seen all of those TFs and had to pass them up. Transform one for me, please.

Happy Birthday. I hope you have a good one!

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 09:09:26 pm »
Sure, here are group shots of everybody:

Classics Autobots:

User posted image

Classics Decepticons:

User posted image

And you bet it will be a good one!

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 09:36:29 pm »
Happy Birthday! And, err, nice toys...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:41:36 pm »
Bah, everyone needs a hobby. Some people collects stamps, others dates, some more smoke or do drugs to escape, I pose and transform plastic toys from time to time.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:21:51 pm »
And they are ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!

Oh, where did that come from??

---

Cool beans

Offline mephea

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 07:37:35 am »
happy birthday terra *smooch!*

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 08:38:49 am »
Revned's not allowed to diss Transformers if he's not a fan.

I'm a fan, so I can.  DISS!  I don't like certain aspects of Classics (that thing Bumblebee is hauling, Hot Rod/Rodimus's face (then again his original toy wasn't much better), and most of all, Megatron's dorky butterfly wings).  But then again, a line based on G1 can't be all bad (it's certainly better than, say, Robots In Disguise).

But if they had more of the Masterpiece series out and released them in more parts of the world, I'd much rather invest in just that.  I hear that MP-05 (the Japanese are sticklers for numbering every toy) will be Megatron, which will really resemble a gun, so I'm sure there are laws in place to make that difficult to buy outside of Japan, unfortunately.

But hey, happy birthday.  Nice to know I'm not the oldest one here.  :P  Then again I think bustin98 is older, isn't he?

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 08:41:29 am »
All I said was that they were toys! They are toys, you can't deny it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 11:03:53 am »
All I said was that they were toys! They are toys, you can't deny it.

And you point out the obvious. You are an obviousness-pointer, you can't deny it :) !

And you can keep the Masterpiece toys JonLeung; I'd much rather have updated toys of cherished characters that look cool and that I can transform over and over again without a problem. 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime is one of the TF purchase I regret the most in retrospect: he's too heavy and can't hold a pose because of that, and he's just too complicated and fragile to be fun to me.

And besides, I'm really tired of the old G1 look; updated forms is what I want, and that's what Classics gave me. And if Starscream here wasn't the best toy of his based on his G1 body (all the others were poor at best), I'd have prefered an updated jet mode too.

Now, keep your dissing out of my thread damn it ;) !

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 10:19:27 pm »
I ncase you haven't noticed, new figures are out now. I have only seen Tracks, but Jetfire and another figure is included in the batch (can't remember). I am really interested in Jetfire as I have dreamt of owning an original figure.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 03:27:31 pm »
You're most likely talking about Mirage (race car), and both Jetfire and Grimlock are part of this new wave (unfortunately, so far it's a lot rarer that the first batch). Personally, I can't get my hands on Jetfire soon enough :D

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)