Author Topic: New Forum  (Read 26091 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: New Forum
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 10:03:12 am »
I don't see 'Customize' when I click my name.

Wow. I wish there would have been a notification that the boards were going down. But as long as its worth it in the end. I'm interested in seeing if the changes make the boards more active. I wrote my own message board and the activity level is near zero. The guys I did it for are not happy with that fact. There are a couple of boards I visit and they are only kept going by a core group of fans (as visitors to PlanetGameCube know all too well).

Offline Inty

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 10:05:04 am »
bustin98, click your username where it says bustin98(10)
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 10:09:17 am »
Ah, ok. Would be nice if the name at the top left did the same. After all, its just repeating the function of the click in the posts.

Offline Inty

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 10:20:35 am »
Would be nice if you made a topic to active the place up :P
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 12:52:16 pm »
Yeesh, sounds like you guys know more about the features than I do right now.  I'm glad we can still have avatars, even if we have to turn them on.  Can that be changed to default?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 02:12:20 pm »
There seems to be lots of little things to adjust that were taken for granted on the previous board, like pages displaying the thread's name at the top at the top.

Also, is it me or do the threads feel a little cramped in terms of space? I mean, maybe it's just my imagination, but the font seems a bit smaller than before and when using the GameFAQs display profile, there's no space between the various lines of info in the left column so it's all kinda jumbled up together. It's made worse with the fact that people without avatar instead display a message stating that fact, which is really pointless IMO.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 04:56:10 am »
Tetranitrotoluene.... yes, that's better than trinitrotoluene... um.... is so explosive, that it managed to bump a topic last posted in on April 20th, 2006, up to the top on February 13th, 2008. Also, um... this is the "4th topic".... how comes teh "3rd", "2nd" and "1st topics" don't exist? That is to say:

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=3

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=2

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=1

Offline Rew

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 08:31:07 am »
Wow, quite a fossil you've dug up here, Koopa! In other news--this forum has avatars?? Who knew? Well, I have an avvy now myself. (Old school X FTW!) As well as a sig.

April 2006. That was the beginning of a very happy time for me. Ah, would that I could return to those blissful days. (Though I see it was a less than pleasant time for poor Jon Leung. =P)

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 04:11:51 pm »
Those topics don't exist because they were most likely deleted; probably because they were test topics.  The database just continues with the next number when a new topic is made.