Author Topic: (PSP) Dracula X Chronicles  (Read 8595 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

(PSP) Dracula X Chronicles
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:35:59 pm »
For those Castlevania fans who were still waiting for a port of the PC Engine game Rondo Of Blood, well look no further. Konami is planning to release an upgraded port of that game for the PSP with new soundtrack and 2.5D graphics (the classic version will also be included) in addition to a straight port of Symphony Of the Night. All I can say is that a video of the beta version looks really impressive and I envy those of you with a PSP!

You can read the preview here and see a video of the first stage here

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

RE: (PSP) Dracula X Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:19:43 pm »
Yeah, the graphics look nice. The many classic game conversions for the Playstation Portable make me want to own one, too.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:28:38 pm »
I think Capcom, and in this case, Konami, are remaking several games for the PSP because if they do them for the DS, they'll feel obligated to use the two screens, the touch screen, or the microphone.  I guess it's "simpler" to just make it look nicer.  Come on, the second screen could be the map, which would be handy if SotN was feasible.  But at least the DS has new Castlevania games...

Those are two good games, though.  I still have to finish playing through RoB.

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
I got SotN running on my PSP using the official PS1 emulator. Works like a charm.