Author Topic: Images  (Read 26604 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Images
« on: July 07, 2007, 03:19:02 am »
How exactly do you insert images into posts, or thumbnails like in the Micro Machines 2 topic in Maps in Progress?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Images
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 08:27:48 am »
You have to have saved up enough Gold to buy the items that enable images and links.  Thumbnails are done by using both together.

Or you can make nice to me and I can give them to you.  Or you can try to justify that you deserve them.  I won't lie; I've given those items away before.

Revned (among others) thinks this system is rather controlling, but I like to deal with items and it makes more sense to me to give and take these items rather than enable it as a default and then have to deal with people who misuse them.  I'm sorry, but "goatse" is not something I want to walk into every time I click into a topic.  Sure, I exaggerate, but really, it'd be easy enough for someone to do.  I worry enough about my site in other aspects it's one less potential headache.  Or something.

Of course, now I'm going to get a bunch of PMs asking if they can have these items.  >_>  Either that or this topic will turn into a lobbying attempt to get me to change my stance...

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:57 am »
I think this system is rather controlling.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:18:54 am »
I think this system is fine because I'm filthy rich.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Eggz

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 01:49:59 pm »
Yeah you lucky bum. :P

it's no so much controlling, but making sure that not just any new user can flood the boards with span jut cause they know some basic html. This way you're already and established and (posibly) respected user before you get around to posting links.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline Maxim

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:10:00 am »
Hmm, I'm running out of Gold giving it all away like this. Eggz, you gave 1500 total now.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 06:32:49 am »
Ryan just had to go and bump an almost year old thread. If I bump theads usually it's to add something decent, with the exception of one or two topics... however, most of Ryan's posts seem to be bumping topics no newer than about 2-3 months old.

Offline Rew

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 07:15:10 am »
How much gold, BTW?

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 10:06:20 am »
I have enough for 1 or 2 more. I'm sure some of the other regulars must have some spare gold hanging around (there's nothing else you can do with it...), and JonLeung gives items away sometimes.

Offline Revned

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 06:13:43 pm »
I've got 9400 gold if anyone needs it.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 07:16:46 pm »
I have 2253 gold myself.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:05 am »
Yes, save up your points and get into the goody-goody little circle of friends... That's when you can REALLY betray them!

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 11:17:58 pm »
I have 25 gold and 5 experience. Dang, I could almost beat a Red slime when it draws near, and collect my Bamboo Pole for battle! Heh. :)

On the topic though, I think "earning" your post features is a very good idea. Not to mention,it's like an RPG anyhow. I was just wondering about how to insert images and thumbnails, and now I know. Those features would be good for me.

I'll just have to keep playing the game "Vg Maps Saves the Day - An Inner Focus". I just need to post more, and become an active user and participate in what the community has to offer.

Cheers folks, and have a sword-splitting day!