Author Topic: Nemesis (GB)  (Read 7539 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Nemesis (GB)
« on: July 09, 2007, 10:50:03 pm »
This is the second Gradius game I've mapped, and since the maps aren't that big, I'm posting them all inside a single file, like Fabio Albergaria did with his MSX Nemesis maps. I'm not sure if I'll be sending them this way to JonLeung or not; I tried the same thing with Gradius II but the file felt a bit too big.

There's not much to say about this game; it feels like a remix of the first Gradius game with much better graphics (especially the bosses) but below-average gameplay.

Enjoy!

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Nemesis (GB)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 05:39:20 pm »
For games like this, with clearly defined and separate areas, I would prefer the stages in separate files.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Nemesis (GB)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 06:02:08 pm »
Okey dokey. I'll send them tonight. Incidently, I'll also start mapping its sequel, Gradius: The Interstellar Assault, an anomaly for the series as it features no recycled stages, bosses or enemies as well as actual transition between levels (seeing the Volcano Core burning up during atmospheric re-entry while you survive unscathed was really cool).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)