Author Topic: Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)  (Read 11724 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:19:17 pm »
This game is the reason for everyone here to get a Wii. Its amazing. No other game on any other system will give you the challenge and satisfaction of solving the puzzles like this one.

It starts off simple, gives a false sense of 'I'm smarter than this', and then SLAM right into a brick wall. Then you notice that you missed some things on the previously 'simple' levels. 70% done but I passed everything? Damn you, Zack and Wiki! Damn you!

Yeah, and its only $40.

---

Cool beans

Offline Maxim

RE: Zack & Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
It won't come out here in the UK until 7th Dec. Hmph. (Still, better than the 5 months we waited for Super Paper Mario...)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:37:34 pm »
Blockbuster didn't have it, so I had to use a coupon on another game instead last week...

I hope they get Zack & Wiki soon. I've been looking forward to this game for a while.

Meaty Wii games with good Wii functionality, whoa!  We need more of those!  And not just from Nintendo; good to see Capcom stepping up.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:16:50 pm »
Rented it today.  You're right, it is kinda challenging.  I just beat the Frost Lion with the always-interesting laser-and-mirrors puzzle.

But does this game actually last 30 hours?  I find it hard to believe it's twice as long as Metroid Prime 3...

Offline Captain Drake

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:27:10 am »
It's been delayed to January here now, Maxim. >_<

Offline Maxim

RE: Zack &amp; Wiki: Quest For Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:39:19 am »
Yarr.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:46 pm »
The game is taking longer than it should for me to play.  Sure, I'm at under 12 hours in game time, but every time I die, I lunge for the Home button and reset so it doesn't count - much like how I play any Zelda game.  I hate games that count how many times you die.

I've gotten 100% on the Jungle Ruins, Airship, and Pirate Ship...the rest are still at 70%...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 09:57:04 am »
Well, I finished it at under 25 hours.  I initially laughed at the idea that it was a 30 hour game...but considering that I used some GameFAQs topics to find the Mysterious "Retro" Treasures and the Secret Treasures, maybe the 30 hours wasn't that far off of an estimate after all.  o_0

I like the Mysterious "Retro" Treasures.  A few more games should provide history of the games that came before it.  And Capcom sure has a lot of that.  Surprised that they would mention Armored Warriors and not Street Fighter at all, though...

When you initially finish the game with 70% in like 10 hours, it kinda throws off your estimate.  Of course, the percentages don't make any sense...and I really wish there was a reward in getting 100% other than the satisfaction of it.  Ah well.  Next up: Super Mario Galaxy!  But of course, that means I should update VGMaps.com this weekend...  :P