VGMaps
July 18, 2018, 02:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008/04: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours (GBC) - JonLeung  (Read 48457 times)
vorpal86

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »

OK. I guess it's done then. I didn't know if it was complete or not, or what. Now I haven't finished playing Oracle of Seasons myself. That was fun.
SkyJedi

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 07:10:34 AM »

these maps are very good...
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:15 PM »

As I replied in your email, I might as well post my answer here:

"I've already given premission for someone else to make a fangame based on the ideas on my maps.  As I mentioned to them, I really think it would be better for you to come up with your own ideas.  But as I don't intend to do anything more with this, as its purpose has been fulfilled, I guess there's no harm if you want to use some of the ideas from my maps, so long as you clearly credit VGMaps.com in there."

And, now, I don't want to be mean, but I'm not really a fan of fangames (seems ironic, I know), and from the half-dozen requests I've gotten from people to make a fangame out of this (of which I said to them it would be better if they came up with their OWN ideas), I would be willing to bet that most of them won't get anywhere near completion.  If you can, kudos to you, but I just find that most of the time when fans set out to make a game it rarely actually materializes into anything.

Though I suppose I should be flattered that people think it could be made into a good fangame...
Midna

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »

I'm probably the only one who sees the "VGMAPS.COM" text that's all over the dungeon maps, aren't I.
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »

Well, this is a little frustrating.

I looked on all my computers, and I can't find the work files for the eight main dungeons.  I think they're lost.

I was probably moving files back and forth between all three computers while backing up, and at some point I renamed a bunch of folders in my temporary work files folder, and I think I assumed everything was backed up on one when it really wasn't, and probably deleted a whole folder that ended up actually being the complete one.  Okay maybe that doesn't make sense but it does to me, and I can't see why I would've specifically deleted the eight dungeons and not the last one.

>_<

I mean, I still have backups of all the final versions, but it still would have been nice to have some of my old work files...
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 07:46:51 AM »

Years later, it still comes up...can't believe it was seven years ago already...

Anyone know what they're saying here at the 3:00 mark?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:47:39 AM by JonLeung » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: