Author Topic: 2008/04: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours (GBC) - JonLeung  (Read 132968 times)

Offline vorpal86

RE: 2008/04: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours (GBC) - JonLeung
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 12:46:03 pm »
OK. I guess it's done then. I didn't know if it was complete or not, or what. Now I haven't finished playing Oracle of Seasons myself. That was fun.

Offline SkyJedi

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2008, 08:10:34 am »
these maps are very good...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2008, 04:16:15 pm »
As I replied in your email, I might as well post my answer here:

"I've already given premission for someone else to make a fangame based on the ideas on my maps.  As I mentioned to them, I really think it would be better for you to come up with your own ideas.  But as I don't intend to do anything more with this, as its purpose has been fulfilled, I guess there's no harm if you want to use some of the ideas from my maps, so long as you clearly credit VGMaps.com in there."

And, now, I don't want to be mean, but I'm not really a fan of fangames (seems ironic, I know), and from the half-dozen requests I've gotten from people to make a fangame out of this (of which I said to them it would be better if they came up with their OWN ideas), I would be willing to bet that most of them won't get anywhere near completion.  If you can, kudos to you, but I just find that most of the time when fans set out to make a game it rarely actually materializes into anything.

Though I suppose I should be flattered that people think it could be made into a good fangame...

Offline Midna

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 01:35:08 pm »
I'm probably the only one who sees the "VGMAPS.COM" text that's all over the dungeon maps, aren't I.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2009, 09:06:44 am »
Well, this is a little frustrating.

I looked on all my computers, and I can't find the work files for the eight main dungeons.  I think they're lost.

I was probably moving files back and forth between all three computers while backing up, and at some point I renamed a bunch of folders in my temporary work files folder, and I think I assumed everything was backed up on one when it really wasn't, and probably deleted a whole folder that ended up actually being the complete one.  Okay maybe that doesn't make sense but it does to me, and I can't see why I would've specifically deleted the eight dungeons and not the last one.

>_<

I mean, I still have backups of all the final versions, but it still would have been nice to have some of my old work files...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: 2008/04: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours (GBC) - JonLeung
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 07:46:51 am »
Years later, it still comes up...can't believe it was seven years ago already...

Anyone know what they're saying here at the 3:00 mark?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:47:39 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2019, 11:14:49 am »

In DidYouKnowGaming?'s A Complete History of Zelda Rumors - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Remix (Part 2), published just two days ago, VGMaps.com is mentioned twice, at 5:40 (for The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening Advance for April Fools' Day 2005) and at 7:00 (for The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours for April Fools' Day 2008).  Almost can't believe those projects were that long ago (and that they still get brought up)...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:05:57 pm by JonLeung »

Offline AnthonyLombardo

Re: RE: 2008/04: The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours (GBC) - JonLeung
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2020, 09:34:36 am »
I think it's absolutely wonderful. I was waiting to see what you'd come up with this year. [SPAM REMOVED] You've outdone yourself yet again with a completely how to get rid of gyno believable map, and quite a believable story (at least to those who didn't follow the other two games as closely as others did, heh).

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This is a list of ROM hacks for Oracle of Ages (and Seasons, if it ever happens). Contents. 1 Oracle of Nature; 2 Oracle of Hours; 3 Archipelago; 4 Kaizo of Ages; 5 MISICS; 6 Crossworld ... Made by Luigi, and based on the maps from an April Fools joke by Jon Leung. ... Read the readme before playing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:27:31 pm by AnthonyLombardo »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2021, 11:08:14 pm »
This is extremely random, but I was looking at one file from this map set that happened to be in my Windows Explorer history, I probably downloaded it to share it somewhere like some Facebook Group, and did a double take on the filename...

"...Falsia(Day)"

Now, Felicia Day is certainly one of my favourite people in the world, so now seeing "Falsia(Day)" on its own apart from the other files, I noticed it looks like a misspelling of "Felicia Day".

I don't think I knew who she was back in 2008, the earliest I heard of her might have been when I was an avid reader of Penny Arcade and - I don't know why I remember this... Tycho said he wanted to groom her.  That was back in July 2008, a few months after completing this 2008 April Fool's joke.  So I never would have made the connection while working on it.

Also... why do I remember Tycho's comment?  Sometimes I wonder if I have some version of eidetic memory, but I remember a lot of really useless stuff.  I also think I'm pretty observant, but I didn't notice this until a few minutes ago.

Anyway... Falsia(Day).  Felicia Day.  Huh.

Offline JosephKneeland

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2022, 02:56:27 pm »
This game is fun to play over and over because I lose over and over again, lol.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2023, 08:31:55 pm »
Since both Oracle games have been rereleased on the Game Boy app on the Nintendo Switch (if you are subscribed to Nintendo Switch Online), I was reminded about the work I put into "The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours".

Hard to believe that was over 15 years ago.