Author Topic: My E3 2006 topic.  (Read 18917 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
My E3 2006 topic.
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:22:16 am »
Hi, everyone, this is my E3 2006 topic.

I hope you guys don't mind that I had promised too many people that I would consider them for going to E3 with that I couldn't get around to asking any of you guys, and those at the top of my list are too young anyway (Revned, Inty, etc.)  So I ended up going with three of my real-life friends.  Might as well get that out of the way.

I can't talk for long but it's the morning of Day 2.

The first day down here we got lost in LA at night without a proper map on the way to the hotel.  Had dinner at a Jack-In-The-Box where there was a bum, two tranvestites (or ugly prostitutes) and a general icky feeling.  We did make it back, but too late, so they put us in another hotel since it was all prepaid through Expedia.

Second day here we were at Universal Studios.

Third day here was Day 1 of E3.  Spent more than half the day at Nintendo's booth but played so little.  So much time in line!  >_<

Swag okay.  Not as much as I had hoped but it was okay.  Nothing majorly cool yet though.  I like the Conan inflatable sword but don't care much for the game.

Saw the Super Smash Bros. Brawl trailer just now because of that other topic here.  Cheers up my crew, who thought the Wii booth was nice but overall that Nintendo seemed to be lacking something.

Gotta get ready for Day 2 now.  I left out a lot of details, but I'm paying per minute for Internet here.  I'll try to update again later though.

Offline Revned

RE: My E3 2006 topic.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:42:43 am »
Did you take a camera? You should show us some pictures if you did. Not necessarily of you, just of what you saw. Sorry I can't meet you at DIA, it would have been fun. We're having guests over Saturday, so I really can't make it.

So, overall thumbs up or thumbs down for the Wii?

Offline Inty

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:56:58 am »
It's great how nobody is asking about the other consoles. Revneds liek `How's the Wii?`

nintendo4lyfe lole

---

I wonder if a girl will come over and play with my Wii.

&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 08:59:36 am »
The PS3 and 360 seem like expensive versions of the current consoles. The Wii is the only one that interests me.

Check out the poll at GameFAQs :)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 09:50:41 am »
Meh, I've always been a Nintendo whore, with only the occasional adventure on the side with Sega. XBox? What's that? The PlayStation? By Sony you say?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Thraxian

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 10:42:50 am »
I'm a Nntendo addict myself.  I'll take Mario and Link above Sonic and Chief anytime.  

Although, I did have to pick up Sony for the Final Fantasy series (before I realized they were going to screw it up) and Dragon Warrior.  But since they were both introduced to me in the Nintendo arena, they don't count.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:05:34 pm »
Revned Said:
Did you take a camera? You should show us some pictures if you did. Not necessarily of you, just of what you saw. Sorry I can't meet you at DIA, it would have been fun. We're having guests over Saturday, so I really can't make it.

So, overall thumbs up or thumbs down for the Wii?

I don't think we'd be able to meet at Denver this Saturday regardless, as customs will probably have us stuck in the airport that whole time.

But yeah, I'm back from Day 2...immense swag day.  Each of us got a Logitech PC controller, which is pretty nice, the best of our now massive amount of loot.

Pictures of me, E3, and our loot when I get home.

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:26:18 pm »
True. I doubt they'd let me in either. Ah well, sometime, somewhere, we may just cross paths.

Offline Inty

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 04:49:48 am »
OR we could have a UK meetup <_<

---

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 04:27:27 pm »
Holy crap. I'm finally home and I'm tired.  Bleagh.  Don't know when I'll have photos up.

Offline Jade

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 08:45:41 pm »
Got beer?

Offline CleverConveyence

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 07:46:55 pm »

Offline Revned

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 09:29:30 pm »
That video is hilarious. It's Riiiiidge Racerrrrr!

Offline Inty

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 02:36:52 am »
*waits for Leungs big E3 post*

---

Offline Revned

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 06:22:17 pm »
Ditto. I wonder what he'll look like...