Author Topic: Streets of Rage  (Read 13528 times)

Offline Will

Streets of Rage
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:38:13 am »
Lately I had been working on the SMS versions of Streets of Rage 1 and 2, the complete map sets which will arrive on the site shortly. But I'm stopping at that stage with just these two SMS games. Now I am currently doing the Genesis/Megadrive version of Streets of Rage 1 and 2 not and the new Genesis game never released on SMS "Streets of Rage 3". Streets of Rage I find is more or less similar to the Neo-Geo Burning Fight stages I have played and mapped through and is more or less like Final Fight. Here is an attachment of the first round of the first Genesis Streets of Rage game.

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Streets of Rage
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:37:23 am »
Um, I was kind of working on Street of Rage 2.

Offline Will

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 08:52:56 am »
Go ahead Darkwolf. Streets of Rage 2 is yours to finish. What is your mapping progress in the game so far?

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 09:40:41 am »
I'm on Stage 4 right now, if you're able to finish the map set out before I get to it that's fine, I just didn't want someone redoing maps I've already done.

Offline Will

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 11:57:30 am »
Nah, I would rather show respect by letting you finish all the stages from stage 4 to stage 8 so that you have a complete map set. Sometimes its better if a person has his/her own personal collection, I'm not into hogging the Streets of Rage collection just because I finished the SMS version games. If you're lucky to finish Streets of Rage 2 (SOR2), you can start on Streets of Rage 3. This isn't a race or competition, so you can take your time. I myself am in no hurry to finish Streets of Rage 1, I'm busy trying to finish some games in the SNES recreation. I gave the SOR2 a playthrough and its way better than the SMS version. I can't wait to see it fully done.

Finally if you take a look at my SOR1 map you will see a blue line at the start indicating I've added the bit where you scroll back when using the special police car attack which I have no shown in the SMS game.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 05:10:10 pm »
I saw all 8 rounds, and I thought.. what the hell? You've only got like 20% of the levels <_< >_> because when you play the game, you spend up to 2 minutes on one single screen, and then move a bit further every minute or so... and it seems like a very long level, but really it's ... quite short <_< >_> :D

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 11:19:32 pm »
Progress is continuing on Streets of Rage, I have finished all but Rounds 3 and 6.

Offline Will

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 10:12:39 am »
I mapped the entire first game. I'm gonna do the Game Gear version now. It is a bit cruddy and it has only 6 rounds instead of 8.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 12:54:05 pm »

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 11:06:40 am »
Somewhere on the internets is a page of a Japanese remixer who did some Streets of Rage stuff with NES samples.  They don't sound that bad actually.

Offline Will

Re: Streets of Rage
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 03:49:35 pm »
I have completed the Game Gear version of Streets of Rage 2. It some scenes never before seen in the other versions. The Streets of Rage franchise is almost complete. All that needs doing is the Sega Genesis games Streets of Rage 2 and 3. It's all yours Darkwolf.