VGMaps
October 18, 2018, 01:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REQ: Shantae (GBC)  (Read 12878 times)
br1sby

« on: October 17, 2008, 12:47:17 PM »

Shantae was a beautiful sidescrolling game that got released near to the end of the GBC's lifecycle, causing a lot of people to miss it. The art is seriously impressive and undoubtedly pushes the GBC's technical limits. Mapping it may be a bit of a challenge since the game employs a real-time transition between day and night which changes the maps' asthetiques and also reveals "fireflies," secret collectible items. Here's an illustration of the world-map (not in-game)

http://media.ignimgs.com/guides/guides/15286/images/MapAncient.jpg
TerraEsperZ

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

I once thought about doing it, but at the time Visualboy Advance didn't emulate it correctly making it playable but with garbled graphics.

Of course, nowadays I just have too many games to map to even consider it, but hopefully I'll at least have the time to play it now that VBA-M emulates it perfectly.

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:32:36 PM »

I thought it was neat that being one of the last Game Boy Color games, you could play a specifically advanced version on the Game Boy Advance.

That has better colours, so map that...though I would put it in the Game Boy Color section regardless.
Will

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:30:02 PM »

You're doing terrific Terra, but don't let your long list of projects become an obstacle. Whichever projects you are closest to completing it would be a good idea to get it over and done with.
Grizzly

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:22:56 AM »

IGN has maps for this games, but as JPEG. Still they are worth looking at:

http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/15286/page_2.html
JonLeung
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

A bit off-topic, but there has been talk of a Shantae WiiWare game.  That could be sweet.
TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 12:24:03 PM »

I once saw an impressive demo for a GBA sequel of Shantae. It would be cool if they were to release it for WiiWare as a retro title like Mega Man 9.

Which reminds me that I really need to find time to actually play the GBC game for more than a few minutes.

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)

Current project that I really should try to finish:
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Pending project:
-A ton of stuff that will never be finished
Tropicon

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »

Well it looks like IGN beat me to it but I'll give a shot anyway.  Don't know where to begin so I'll just start mapping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: