Author Topic: Super Mario All-Stars  (Read 24320 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
RE: Super Mario All-Stars
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 10:51:27 pm »
Oh, sorry, lost my train of thought.

The end pieces of the levels, such as the top of Booster Hill and end of Midas River are just a separate part of the image. It would be impossible/impractical to make a map of either of the two areas.

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (36%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (0%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 09:22:02 am »
You could show the repeating/continuous parts of the Midas River and Booster Hill, just enough to show them, like a screen or two, then have visible breaks before the end pieces.

Then you could have the coin/barrel/Snifit layout in some other part of the image, with the continous part pointing to that.  Or something.

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 01:10:33 pm »
Peardian Said:
I had actually considered mapping the normal levels of SMB3 in SMA4 with the special e-reader switch turned on, the one that makes vegetable sprouts show up a la SMB2. It would not only give a chance to map all the subtle changes made in the level design.

However, I'd prefer not to think about it right now since my plate is full already and just consider SMA4's new content complete for now. Besides, how many of you even knew there was a switch card that did that?

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (36%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (0%)

Yes, I knew about this, and I had already thought that it would be a good idea!

Now what I would recommend for that and for any remapping of Super Mario Bros. 2 USA is that you show what item is underneath the grass sprout.  I mean, the maps already show when Cobrats are hiding inside sand and vases; why not show us what other objects are hidden underground so we can plan to grab them?

Offline Wario Bros

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 03:32:37 pm »
This site has a good rip of these maps.  If I were to add one thing, it would be adding the placement of the enemies.  But that's just me =P

---

Games I want to rip:

The Great Giana Sisters (Commodore 64) - Super Mario Bros. Special (NEC PC-8801) - Balloon Fight GB (Gameboy Color)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 08:48:25 pm »
Okay, I finally got around to checking GameFAQs about what we discussed earlier.

You were right, TUK.  Apparently it IS possible to get three Mushrooms in some stages of Super Mario Advance.

Which is ridiculous because back in the day we played Super Mario Bros. 2 on the NES and were fine with having only two Mushrooms!

You kids today, you're so spoiled!

*waves walking stick in the air*

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 08:38:02 am »
Settle down, Cranky. We all know you can complete the world's hardest videogame with the lowest possible unit of health and only 1 life, in a world record time.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 09:22:18 am »
And we had limited lives and continues and couldn't save our games!  And Luigi was just a green-coloured Mario and we liked it that way!

*grumble grumble*

Actually, scratch that last part.  Though Luigi's name is supposed to sound like "ruiji", which is like Japanese for "clone" or "twin" or something, which made more sense when they were twins.  Go check Wikipedia.  Donkey Kong, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Link, Zelda, and Kirby all have interesting origins for their names, some of them having double meanings or two possible origins which are kind of neat.