Author Topic: 2009/01: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time (Super NES) - Will Mallia  (Read 23503 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
User posted image
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time

For this month's "Maps of the Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to Will Mallia's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time (Super NES) maps.

It's a new year, which for us comes every 365 (or 366 days).  Unless, of course, you're a Ninja Turtle in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time.

In the fourth Nintendo-console TMNT-branded beat-'em-up, the Ninja Turtles are thrown into various periods of time, including the (typically expected) prehistoric era, some futuristic ages, and a few periods in between.  Shredder's goons are also chronologically displaced into these moments in history, but beating up Foot Soldiers is timeless.  So unsheathe your b?, katana, nunchaku, or sai, and unleash some Turtle Power!

While you wouldn't get lost in arcade-style games, it's still fun to see the colourful, detailed graphics that Konami was able to pull off on the Super NES.  Will Mallia, a regular mapper and a fan of arcade games, has immortalized this time-hopping adventure.

So to recognize the effort put into making these "timely" maps, Will Mallia's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps of the Month for January 2009.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

If I'm not allowed to post here, sorry but... what's January 2009's MOTM gonna be?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
You'll find out when I edit this post later tonight...it's not close enough to January yet until it's at least 10 PM here.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Lol it's nearly 2 pm here on January 1, 2009 :D Do you update them pretty much as soon as the month begins in your local time? Like the 1st of that month at 12:00:00.0000000000000000000000000000000 am? (To the nearest 0.0.0000000000000000000000000000001 seconds)? <_<

Offline Revned

He just said it has to be at least 10 pm his time. It's 7:40 pm now. Patience is a virtue ;-)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
If Revned still lives in Denver (where his name is derived from, backwards), then he's in the same time zone as I am, and yes, it'll be another couple hours.  At least.

I typically do the MotM thing at 10 PM (Mountain Time) since I usually go to bed shortly after.  (I am usually awake 'til later, but out of respect for the sleepyheads that go to bed too early in this household, I yield.)

I didn't get invited to any New Year's parties this year, but I don't have to go to work tomorrow, and my brother will be up 'til midnight anyway watching some New Year's special on TV, probably, so maybe I could update closer to midnight tonight.  :P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
There, I updated at 11:10 PM.  :P

Offline Will

Well I never. I have mapped a few beat em' up games like this. Personally I prefer Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Tournament Fighters, but I'm perfectly content with this one.