Author Topic: Restored Access / New Forums?  (Read 44745 times)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Restored Access / New Forums?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 12:37:06 pm »
Maybe, starter threads for posts are handled differently also.

Its not impossible, but I need to make a mapping of table columns. I'm thinking about exporting each table and making modifications by hand. Nothing I do will affect this forum though.

---

Cool beans

Offline Maxim

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2009, 07:08:35 am »
If password salting means you can't migrate users, you can probably port everything as "anonymous" (without ever actually allowing anonymous posting) using the username text and then re-associate with actual users once they're registered in the new system. I did this to port from a registration-free forum (wwwthreads) to phpBB; with a small number of "regulars" there's not many people to migrate anyway.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 11:40:31 am »
I looked through the SMF code a little bit and it looks like there is code there to support bringing in other hashes.  Check out LogInOut.php at about line 306.

I could be wrong though, I just browsed through the code a bit on my lunch break.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:08 am »
So what's the destination board software?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2009, 06:53:47 am »
From the little I've seen so far, the potential new forum looks pretty good! :D I approve, that is, once we've seen if users and posts can migrate safely.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 07:19:27 pm »
Is this so-called new forum still going ahead?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:45 am »
I emailed bustin yesterday and he says he hasn't forgotten; in fact he thinks about it pretty often.

Things will happen when they do...

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2009, 01:09:44 pm »
Well yeah, I wasn't expecting to be using the "new" forums now, I just wondered if it was still going to happen, or if it was decided that these forums were alright as it is. Also, I assume that by how it says (c) PMD 2005-06, these forums (or at least this version) hasn't been updated since 2006.

Offline Inty

Re: Restored Access / New Forums?
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2009, 05:47:31 am »
Good idea, though bustin said we should be able to transfer without a problem.  The posts should safely migrate.  At least as long as bustin says so.  Now if it was Inty making that promise, that would be a different story...  >_>

So what did happen yesterday, anyway, bustin?  Was it something to do with GoDaddy all along?  Did they give you any crap for pretending to be me?  :P

Aw, come on man. That was a good amount of years ago now and i'm sure i've apologised and even told you i was going through a bad time back then. No need to take little digs at me 3-4yrs after i've been away from the scenes. Nice to see the sites still stable though and long may it continue.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Restored Access / New Forums?
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 07:18:49 am »
>_>

Sorry...