Author Topic: Dragon Quest Swords(Wii) and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker(DS) Request??  (Read 19997 times)

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
I was wondering if anyone's put in a request for Dragon Quest Swords (Wii) and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS)??

If nobody's put in a request for the above games, then I'd like to make the request for those two games.

Thanks.

Offline Tropicon

RE: Dragon Quest Swords(Wii) and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker(DS) Request??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:25:59 pm »
You've got some hard core taste in Dragon Quest there magicbay.  DS is out of the question for me.  As for Wii do you want raw maps?  You know it's impossible to make raw maps for Wii right?  Of course now that I think about it I've made maps for the only 2 Wii games I own.  Just what kind of maps are you looking for?

Offline magicbay

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 09:34:07 am »
Any kind of maps will do but I wouldn't mind seeing detailed maps for Swords.

I think that www.gamefaqs.com has a few rudimentary maps for Swords but ain't sure. I also know that Dragon's Den (http://www.woodus.com/den/home.php) has a few maps for Joker but not for Swords. I'll go there and ask permission to post the maps from Joker over here for others that are wanting Joker Maps.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:20:31 pm »
It's not necessary to put two question marks at the end of every request.  Or to call it a request.  This IS the requests board, after all.  >_>

Even so, I wonder, magicbay, if you know what's involved in making maps.  Just because some people make it look easy doesn't mean that you can expect that to be the case every time.

I'm not going to discourage requests, but I don't think you should set yourself up to be disappointed.  It's difficult to get screenshot maps of current-gen (or even the last-gen) consoles.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:06 pm »
OK I wasn't being clear enough.  Are you after pretty pictures or functionality?  As Jon stated It's difficult to get screenshot maps from next gen consoles.  This is due to the fact that you can't really get clear screen shots from them at all.  Any screens would be coming from video like this:

Check out "Zelda 11 Example"  http://www.vgmapper.com/Lab/Videolab.php

As you can see it's garbled, shaky, and ugly.  Now you can still make screenshot maps by drawing over the garbage, but then any original game material is destroyed and it's not the pretty picture that most people wanted:

Like these: http://www.vgmapper.com/SysWii/L/LegendofZeldaTwilightPrincess.html

What I'm saying is it's not impossible to get maps out of next gen consoles, they're just not going to look the way everything else does around here.  

Offline magicbay

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 07:36:03 am »
I agree with ya both and I undertand about what it takes to get the maps as I used to do them back in the 1980's before computers were popular and Nintendo games were coming out.

Yes I remember when the old arcade machines were a big hit back in the early 1980's before the Nes came out.

I kinda wish I still had those maps but something happened to them I don't remember what.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:27:04 pm »
I'm not really sure how that helps any...

But in any case, let's be honest, 3D games are tough to do.  DarkWolf's Wolfenstein/Blake Stone maps and Peardian's Paper Mario maps look great but their kind of talent is still rather uncommon.

Joshua McQueary recently mapped out the first game in Dragon Warrior I & II for the Game Boy Color, a more reasonable request might be for Dragon Warrior/Quest II or any of the other 2D entries.

If you like the more recent games, how about Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS)?  I liked that game more than I thought I should, and it's for the DS, and 2D, and therefore should be a lot more feasible.

I'll leave your request here as it is, as there's nothing wrong with it per se, I'm just saying it could be a while before anyone could be fulfilling them that I wouldn't hold your breath for them.

Offline magicbay

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 07:40:17 am »
I agree and understand that it takes time to do maps after a request is made but can wait until someone picks this topic to do as a project.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 06:28:23 pm »
Oh so hand drawn maps aren't a problem for you.  Now this is a real request.  I'd be the first on the mapping scene with this game.  Now you've got me seriously considering going out and picking it up just to map it.

I've played DQ 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 how similar are the new ones? (I'm talking about DQ Swords here)

Offline magicbay

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 01:04:55 pm »
well, i haven't actually mapped swords but I did map most of the original 2 but got tired of mapping dw1&2 and lost interest in mapping the rest.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:05 pm »
Actually I meant what is Swords like game play wise?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:25 pm »
It's an on-rails slasher.

Okay, maybe not on-rails, but it is first-person.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »
It's an action RPG!?  So what like Zelda in FPS?  Now I'm seriously thinking about picking it up.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 05:20:00 pm »
Strange how this past week I've been noting anniversaries by chance...and here as well.  I notice that this game came out a year ago today.

Anyway, here's the review at GameTrailers.com.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 09:38:17 pm »
OK one LAST question.  Is there ANY kind of in game map?