Author Topic: NES Game Atlas: recreation  (Read 94272 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: NES Game Atlas: recreation
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:14 am »
That sounds good.  Do you update Videogamemaps.net much anymore, mephea?

I think Revned is currently working on Castlevania III, though...and Rick Bruns on Zelda II...

Offline mephea

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 12:22:18 pm »
i havent updated it in quite a while.  I plan on updating it only a tiny bit some time this week.  Also, I seem to have abandoned the wiki, but I haven't.  I plan on dealing with that more often.

I have school along with work now, not to mention a social life that has swooped upon my doorstep.  Real life has hit me, unfortunately.  I will edit the maps for this atlas collection starting tonight.  I will submit them to you and whatnot as soon as im finished.

The reason I am submitting to you now is because I never did get my site off the ground, so I'm just gonna join you.  I'll still manage my site, but my maps wont be exclusive to just me.  and also, you're pretty big and when someone steals your maps you seem to have the know-how needed to smack people in the head.  I figured you could protect the maps i submit to you or something.

i hope that isnt a problem :P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 10:53:29 am »
mephea's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game is checked off.

I also put up Revned's Kid Dracula.  Should I have included that in the chapter about Castlevania?

Offline Revned

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 03:27:08 pm »
No, it ends up being more of a Mega Man game anyway.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 11:46:23 am »
Looks like Rick Bruns has completed the Zelda II dungeons.  I don't think every cave is necessary, but once he gets in the remaining towns I guess I'll consider Zelda II done.

Revned's Castlevania III will be going up soon, or at least this weekend.  That will finish off the third section, the first two being Mega Man and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Getting there!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 06:05:36 pm »
Will Mallia finished off Ninja Gaiden, since it looks like Ericloux never got around to it.  He also made one more map for Super Mario Bros.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 10:16:10 am »
Will Mallia gave us a complete Ninja Gaiden - Episode II: The Dark Sword Of Chaos and The Little Mermaid today!

That brings us to 24 complete out of 32...3/4 of the way there.  The remaining eight are:

INCOMPLETE:

Super Mario Bros. - how did this landmark game go as incomplete?  o_0

Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link - I think we were missing some towns or something, I'll ask Rick Bruns sometime, I guess.

Disney's Duck Tales

NONE:

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

Disney's Duck Tales 2

Mickey Mousecapade

TaleSpin

Ninja Gaiden - Episode III: The Ancient Ship Of Doom

We're actually more than 3/4 done...seeing as how the ones with no maps at all weren't in the original NES Game Atlas, I guess the Ninja Gaiden - Episode II maps today meant that we finally got at least some maps from every game from that book.  The three that are incomplete are covered in the book, though, so we haven't recreated the NES Game Atlas just yet.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 09:19:45 pm »
Today's early Friday update includes Will Mallia's complete Ninja Gaiden - Episode III: The Ancient Ship Of Doom and Captain Drake's start on Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II!

Which pretty much leaves the only ones with no maps being the Disney ones...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 11:45:55 am »
Will Mallia once again helps out by starting maps for Mickey Mousecapade.

That game title confuses me.  For the longest time, I thought it was Mousecapades (plural), and the title screen just says "Mickey Mouse".

It's on the list because it's a Disney/Capcom game, just like DuckTales and Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers...I think there are some NES Disney games that aren't by Capcom (like The Jungle Book) so I didn't include them here.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:12:13 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 08:18:12 pm »
Will Mallia's clearly made it his mission to help complete this project/request.  He's completed Mickey Mousecapade!  Which leaves:

INCOMPLETE:

Super Mario Bros.
Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link
- Rick Bruns said he'd finish this sometime.
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
Disney's DuckTales

NONE:

Disney's DuckTales 2
TaleSpin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:11:30 am by JonLeung »

Offline Revned

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 06:15:53 pm »
I have a great idea, Jon. How about you finish up Super Mario Bros? It seems like your kind of game, and it wouldn't take more than a few hours total. I've been bugging you about getting back into mapping for a long time, and this seems like a good opportunity.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
Too late, looks like Will Mallia did it.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 04:36:58 pm »
And TaleSpin's done now too...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 06:07:54 pm »
We got two more maps for DuckTales from Will Mallia.  I guess I'll consider it complete, since the Transylvania revisit is exactly the same as the first time around, just Dracula Duck instead of Magica DeSpell.

(Sure, there's that also that race up at the end with Flintheart Glomgold (which we have a map for on the Game Boy version), which might be nice to have...)

Will also sent in some DuckTales 2 maps, which will probably go up this weekend too, which will mean that we will have no games with no maps!  And the remaining incomplete map sets are all 2s...StarTropics II, DuckTales 2, and Zelda II...

Methinks I should think about making a "Super NES Game Atlas" topic, as some of these series carried over onto the Super NES (but none of them have as many games)...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:10:50 am by JonLeung »

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 11:54:15 pm »
I don't see any problem with an SNES Atlas. The only series without any representation is StarTropics, but nothing is stopping us from adding, removing, or combining sections.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!