Author Topic: Here's a deal you don't see every day  (Read 13332 times)

Offline Revned

Here's a deal you don't see every day
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:41:26 pm »
12 free issues of EGM, no strings attached. I've seen many accounts of people getting the issues without problems, and not a single complaint so far. The good thing is that they don't ask for a credit card or anything, just your name and address. You can sign up for this deal on several sites, so some people signed up multiple times and called EGM to get them combined into one long subscription. There's really nothing to lose, so give it a try:

http://www.gameshout.com/egm

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: Here's a deal you don't see every day
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:06:21 pm »
I signed up for that already. And EGM sent me the latest issue, plus two back issues. I have no idea if I'm three in now, or those were just freebies. Guess I'll see if that info is on the mailing label when ever the next mag shows up.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 10:37:55 am »
I should have known better. "Residents of the United States only". Sucks.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 10:51:33 am »
I got at least one current issue of every major magazine when I was at E3.  Man, GamePro has changed a lot since the NES/early Super NES days.  As in, it really sucks now.

I also miss the old Nintendo Powers.  I'm still subscribing but I haven't read much of the last few months' issues.

I never really read EGM so I don't know how much it's changed over the years.

I get all my info online, but I guess the occasional paper magazine is nice to flip through.  I'm not eligible for this deal either since like Terra, I'm Canadian.

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 11:36:49 am »
Try this one, then: http://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/101/10115

I miss Nintendo Power too. My last issue was 202. They weren't much good by then, but it was the only thing that ever came in the mail for me. It was fun to expect something, and nice just to sit down and read a magazine instead of the internet once in awhile. I get plenty of junk mail and college stuff now that I'm 18, but it'll be nice to get something worth reading every now and then.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 02:05:31 pm »
That's cool (if only because it's free), but free things usually have some kind of catch - should I expect junk mail and spam if I sign up there?

My dad always says "there's no such thing as a free lunch" and so one day I should buy him a lunch with no strings attached just so that he can't use that phrase anymore.

EDIT: Hey, that's also for Americans only, at least at this time.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 07:44:09 pm »
Me, I really miss GameFan. They seemed to have a really bad rep with people but I really liked the way they various reviewers wrote in it in addition to having so many pictures and colors on the inside. Too bad the magazine went out of business because of their website (I have yet to find a definite explaination to the mess that was).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Dan

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 05:31:14 pm »
I got my free issue of EGM today.  It took close to a month to come, and it's the July issue, but I'm not gonna complain since it is free.  

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 07:24:16 pm »
I got mine a few days ago too. Good deal.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 08:04:22 pm »
So long as you don't get spam.

Enjoy, Americans!  And enjoy your eligibility in, like, everything.  I'll just sit over here and not enter GameFAQs contests, not vote on America's Got Talent, not be able to go on any game shows, and not get these free magazines...

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 08:16:37 pm »
I'll trade you some of the above for some cheap meds.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 10:21:57 am »
Don't forget, we also have tax-free lottery prizes.

Which makes sense, I always thought it was dumb that Americans had to pay taxes on their winnings.  What's the point of winning 40 million dollars when almost half of that goes back in taxes?  Why not just have a tax-free 25 million dollars (with the taxes already taken out) and leave it at that?

Though it looks like us Canadians are eligible for GameFAQs contest now.  Yay!