Author Topic: KB's Maps in Progress  (Read 60579 times)

Offline KeyBlade999

Re: KB's Maps in Progress
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2016, 09:59:29 am »
Ah, okay. Yeah, I probably won't then. He should probably take it over anyhow; me and a friend are getting REALLY deep on this Pokemon Sun & Moon stuff. (The review copies came out and got datamined so she and I have been parsing through that since ... ironically pretty much the day after I took on the project. =P)

I might do it for GameFAQs' sake but it's honestly pretty low-priority now because of this. Which is fine by me, I think I'm more in the mood for RPGs, but it's not like I'll be touching any until I'm done with Sun & Moon anyhow. =P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2016, 10:29:46 am »
Absolutely.  You do what you want to do.

I'm so behind on my games as it is, but I'm looking forward to Pokémon Sun/Moon.  Not sure which one to play yet.  Between me and my brother, we get both in every generation, and each of us plays one, so we can get them all.  It's less of a necessity now with online trading, but whatever.

I've been hankering for a new JRPG, especially Pokémon...  Sure, I've been playing Pokémon GO but that's not an RPG, and I only just recently finished Final Fantasy XIII but (besides not being Pokémon) it didn't feel open enough until near the end, and then it was just about "Missions", and the placement of them was all rather arbitrary and didn't feel as satisfying as other sidequests in other games.  I heard XIII-2 is better and even has some kind of Pokémon aspect, but when I feel like some Pokémon action, nothing beats the real main series games.  It'll be interesting to see how many people get into it just because of Pokémon GO and if they enjoy it or not because it's substantially meatier.  I find it strange/interesting when YouTubers that are clearly Nintendo fans, like iJustine or obe1plays somehow didn't get into Pokémon at all until GO, but plan to pick up Sun/Moon; hopefully, there will be some interesting videos out of their first non-GO Pokémon experiences.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 09:00:59 am by JonLeung »

Offline KeyBlade999

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2016, 08:13:43 pm »
Well, I loved the heck out of Sun and Moon at least.

Anyhow, not a ton has happened since I finished working on it, mostly just writing quick guides for some simpler games. I'll be starting on Spud's Adventure soon and I'll be making maps for it, so that's something.

Offline KeyBlade999

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »
Four months later - what's happened?

Absolutely nothing. >_>

My motivation to make maps for Spud's Adventure dropped dead. I managed to finish up the first dungeon map but I am just not feeling it. The game's fun and all but I have zero motivation to do much of ... well, anything lately. Been that way for a while, been dealing with a lot of crap from my parents' divorce and I guess I'm starting to crack. :(

Not sure what mapping project I'll pursue next, if any at all for the foreseeable future...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 08:17:56 am »
For some reason I've noticed there's some kind of overall "downed"ness with everyone around me lately.  And yet from different groups of people.  Whether it's all my real-life friends being too busy or not in the mood to do stuff, my own general apathy, or a number of "regular"/consistent VGMaps mappers having very decreased outputs in the past half-year or so, there's something going on.  Or maybe it's a huge coincidence since I can't imagine why everyone would be affected simultaneously by any one thing.  I could understand if it was seasonal, but we're a full month into spring!  (Except around here, where the Edmonton area's been hit with lots of winter-level snow this past week.)

Not to downplay your own personal struggles, but we're all human, and we have our ups and downs.  Know what's important and deal with that.  VGMaps should still be around when you get around to more maps, if you do.